Dessert Wine Variety Wineries in Southern Forests
Wineries in Southern Forest
- [email protected]
- (08) 9772 4255
Taste highly acclaimed Pinot Noir, Verdelho, Merlot and more from a boutique Manjimup wineries that is reimagining cool-climate wines in WA from their modern cellar door.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Verdelho,Sparkling,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Fortified,Rosé,Dessert
- Open Days/times:Open Mon to Fri, weekends by appointment
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Light Food
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
- Cases Produced:15, 000
- Vineyards:40 hectares
- Winemaker:David Dowden
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
What began as a passion for wine in 1987 for Vic Kordic has blossomed into an impressive operation with an award-winning wine range. Sons Mark and Paul Kordic now head the vineyard and make cool climate estate-grown and bottled wines with elegant and unique character from their boutique operation.
The wines have a great depth of flavour and texture born from sensitive winemaking and fermentation with natural yeast in the Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs, reflective of Manjimup’s ideal growing conditions. The award-winning range also includes Verdelho, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz and a Sparkling Merlot.
The modern cellar door offers samples of Chestnut wines alongside their Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Verjuice from Monday-Friday 10am-4pm, and on weekends by appointment only.
Taste the creative range of this new generation, family-owned estate, known for their single vineyard premium wines and ciders, served at one of Pemberton’s most artistic cellar doors.
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Sparkling,Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Pinot Noir,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Dessert,Rosé
- Open Days/times:Saturdays & Sundays 11am - 4pm
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Dogs Welcome,Picnic Facilities
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday
- Winemaker:Ashley Lewkowski
- Cases Produced:50 tonnes
- Vineyards:8 Ha
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Established in 1989, Lost Lake Vineyard is situated in the scenic Eastbrook Valley in the heart of the Pemberton Wine Region. Ash and Tia Lewkowski took it over in 2014, and along with grape vines, raise alpacas, sheep on their property. The 8 hectare vineyard has some of the region’s oldest. vines and produces around fifty tonnes of premium cool-climate fruit.
Winemaker, Ash follows a purist approach and follows environmentally conscious principles to optimise their site and make the Lost Lake range which includes Pinot Rose, Honey Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and Shiraz. Two ciders are also produced.
The homely, dog-friendly cellar door, complete with a striking painted mural is open Saturday and Sunday from 11am-4pm. For something a little different, book in to Ash’s 60 minute wine appreciation course. It operates on Sundays by appointment.