Viognier Wine Variety Wineries in Southern Forests
Wineries in Southern Forest
Discover the sophisticated Chardonnay and Pinot Noir of Australian wine’s highly-respected Pannell family who grow outstanding single vineyard wines from their property in Pemberton.
- Open Days/times:Appointment only.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Malbec,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Shiraz,Viognier
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Cases Produced:6000 cases
- Vineyards:10 hectares
- Winemaker:Bill and Dan Pannell
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Appointment Only
One of Australia’s leading premium producers, Picardy was established by Bill, Sandra and Dan Pannell, the same family who established the iconic Margaret River winery, Moss Wood.
All wines are estate-grown on Picardy’s single vineyard property in Pemberton on unirrigated, cane-pruned and handpicked vines. The vineyard is managed meticulously utilising the most labour-intensive practices for canopy management to grow ultra-premium fruit. The purpose-built winery was designed tapping into Bill and Dan’s forty years of experience and follows a minimal intervention approach to winemaking.
Burgundy varieties, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir are the focus and a considerable variety of clones have been planted within the vineyard. The family have imported five clones of Pinot directly from Burgundy. Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz and a Bordeaux inspired red blend are also made.
The wines are available direct online or through selected retailers and restaurants.
The cellar door is available by appointment only.
- [email protected]
- 08 9776 1584
Surrounded by Karri forest with panoramic lake-views, discover this 4 Star Halliday winery’s superb regional range or indulge in contemporary dining, bursting with world-class local produce.
- Wine Region:Pemberton
- Wine Variety:Viognier,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Malbec,Shiraz,Zinfandel,Sparkling,Rosé
- Open Days/times:Fri to Mon 10am to 4pm
- Lunch Open:Monday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Cases Produced:12,000 cases
- Vineyards:23.5 hectares
- Winemaker:Chris Murtha
- Cellar Door Open:Holidays,Sunday,Monday,Friday,Saturday
- Facilities:Accommodation,Cellar Door,Functions,Light Food
Nestled amongst magnificent and picturesque Karri and Jarrah forest, Silkwood Wines’ undulating landscape, a temperate climate and rich gravelly loam soils produce wines of exceptional quality. Owned by the Bowman family since 2004, the first vines of the 23 hectare vineyard (Shiraz and Chardonnay) were planted in 1999. Subsequent plantings of many more grape varieties followed.
Silkwood's extensive range focuses on regional varietal wines, expressed through three tiers. Pemberton’s flagship varietals Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling are at the core of the range which is also embellished with Shiraz, Merlot, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Semillon, Malbec and two sparkling wines.
The scenic, lakeside cellar door, with its knowledgeable staff provides the perfect relaxed setting to sample Silkwood Wine’s extensive range of wines. Open Friday to Monday 10am - 4pm.
Pemberton is renowned for its exceptional fresh produce and the Silkwood restaurant uses the finest local ingredients in its colourful, seasonal menu, created by world-class chefs. Perched lakeside with panoramic views of the Karri forest, this is the ideal setting to enjoy sumptuous gourmet delights and award-winning wines. Open Friday to Monday 10am - 4pm.
Experience a vibrant and evolving range of exciting regional wines at the warm and friendly cellar door of Manjimup locals; Mark and Tracey Aitken.
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Thursday to Saturday 10.30am to 4.30pm and Sunday 12.30-5.00pm
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Cabernet Franc,Merlot,Merlot Cabernet,Pinot Noir,Rosé,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Shiraz Cabernet,Sparkling Shiraz,Tempranillo,Viognier
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Cases Produced:2000
- Vineyards:5 hectare estate vineyard and 2 hectare leased vineyard
- Winemaker:Mark Aitken
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Established 2001 - 2010
- Cellar Door Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
Established in 2006, Woodgate Wines owned and operated by the Aitken family. Winemaker Mark Aitken has spent the last ten years making wine in the Pemberton and Manjimup districts at nearby Chestnut Grove Wines and also as a self-employed winemaking consultant.
The wine portfolio is constantly changing with fruit sourced from the 5-hectare estate vineyard and selected parcels from local growers to make a range that is fresh, vibrant and individualistic.
Woodgate's extensive range includes Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Tempranillo, Shiraz, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon reds, Sauvignon Blanc Semillon, Viognier and Sauvignon Blanc whites, and two sparkling wines; Brut Cuvee and Shiraz.
Taste the wines in the unhurried, relaxed atmosphere of the recently opened cellar door, which often includes the special opportunity to meet and chat with Mark. Open 10am-4:30pm Thursday-Saturday, and 12:30-4:30pm Sunday.