Thursday Open Days Galleries & Public Art in South Fremantle
Galleries in South Fremantle
Earlywork is gallery space dedicated to showing local artists' work.
- Open Days/times:Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm (and weekends during feature exhibitions)
- Galleries:Painting,Art Gallery
- Open Days:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Earlywork is essentially an exhibition space for artists to hire, supported by experienced installation and exhibition design services and a continually growing network. The gallery is committed to showing a varied range of high quality work from established and emerging artists as well as recent graduates and artists who haven’t shown before. Feature exhibitions change regularly.
Njalikwa Chongwe specializes in pottery with strong forms, striking colour combinations layered with crackled glazes from Zinongo Gallery. Njalikwa's works include urns,bowls,vases and basins.
- Represented Artists:Njalikwa Chongwe
- Galleries:Jewellery,Pottery,Textiles,Art Gallery,Artist Studio
- Open Days/times:Thursday 10am - 4.30pm, Friday 10am - 5pm, Saturday 10am - 5pm
- Open Days:Thursday,Friday,Saturday
Established nearly 25 years ago, by Ceramic Artist Njalikwa Chongwe and his partner Jacqueline Rodrigues, Zinongo Gallery has become a distinctive landmark in South Fremantle, with its 2 metre high mural of the three dancing women adorning the gallery facade.
The gallery is located in a traditional corner shop, set high on the Beaconsfield Ridge, overlooking the Indian Ocean with views to Rottnest Island. Njalikwa makes and fires a wide range of low fired Stoneware ceramic pieces