Dessert Wine Variety Wineries in Redgate
Wineries in Redgate
- [email protected]
- (08) 9757 6488
Enjoy homely tastings, panoramic surrounds and possibly the region’s only fortified Shiraz at the multi-award-winning pioneer winery and cellar door giving a whole new meaning to the name ‘Redgate’.
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Dessert,Cabernet Sauvignon,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Shiraz,Chardonnay,Rosé,Sparkling,Cabernet Franc
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Mon to Sun 10am to 4:30pm
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Picnic Facilities,Kids Play Area,Dogs Welcome
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Margaret River:Wallcliffe
- Cases Produced:6000 cases
- Vineyards:18 ha
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
The story behind the name of this Margaret River pioneer dates back 100 years. It’s alleged that prior to the vines, the site was a dairy farm, whose ‘prominent red gate’ was known locally as the place to buy (illegal) home-distilled spirits. Incidentally, the property is nearby to Redgate Beach, so founder Bill Ullinger thought the name to be fitting on all fronts!
The vineyard was established in 1977, with 20 acres of vines planted. Over time, the family owned estate has grown into a 55 acre vineyard, operating its own winery, cellar door and maintaining an enviable reputation for its boutique, premium wines.
Since the early vintages of the 1980s, Redgate’s handcrafted wines have received countless awards. In addition to its regional Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnays, Redgate makes Rose, Sparkling and a series of three luscious dessert wines, including a rare fortified Shiraz named in honour of founder, Bill.
Wines can be tasted at the homestead-like cellar door is open daily from 10am to 4.30pm. It’s a family-friendly place, perfect to bring a picnic and enjoy the panoramic surroundings.
5 Black Stars