(All) Wine Variety Wineries in Prevelly Park
Wineries in Prevelly Park
- [email protected]
- (08) 9757 2374
Drop by for a laid-back tasting of award-winning, boutique family wine in the seaside hamlet of Prevelly, conveniently located at the Prevelly Liquor Store!
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Mon to Fri 8.30am to 7pm, Sat & Sun 10am to 7pm
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Pinot Noir,Rosé,Sauvignon Blanc
- Margaret River:Wallcliffe
- Cases Produced:4500 cases
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Vineyards:5.5 acres
- Winemaker:Clive Otto
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Preveli Wines is a hand-crafted, small, family vineyard in Rosa Brook. Prevelly is where the Home family has lived now for three generations. They also own and run the Prevelly Caravan Park and the general / liquor store where Preveli Wines are available for tasting.
The Prevelly name comes from a monastery in Crete, named Preveli, which aided several Australian soldiers, trying to escape the Germans in WWII. One of the young men, Corporal Geoff Edwards settled in the Margaret River seaside hamlet, calling it Prevelly in commemoration.
The range includes a sparkling, sauvignon blanc, rose, pinot noir, cabernet merlot and cabernet sauvignon. They are 100% estate grown, with a focus on sustainable viticulture practices.
The store is open every day of the year except Christmas day to taste the wines with passionate and knowledgeable vigneron, Greg Home. (Greg also serves a wicked coffee!)
4.5 Red Stars