Restaurant Facilities Wineries in Porongurup
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Porongurup Region
- [email protected]
- (08) 9853 1152
Small but mighty, this family-run vineyard and cafe incorporates a 'grass roots' approach and organic principles to make award-winning wines at the eastern end of the stunning Porongurup Range.
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Mon to Sun 11am to 4pm; Cafe: Sat & Sun 11am to 4pm
- Wine Variety:Shiraz,Sparkling,Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Rose,Sparkling Shiraz,Syrah
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Cellar Door Open:Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Great Southern:Porongurup
- Cases Produced:1500
- Vineyards:8.9 hectares
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases)
- Winemaker:Robert Diletti
Originally established in 1995 by the Monastic Community, Zarephath Wines is currently owned and operated by Rosie Singer and partner Ian Barrett-Lennard. Boasting fertile soils, an easterly aspect and cool summer breezes, the vineyard's low-yielding, award-winning wines are produced utilising organic principles to enhance the Great Southern region's varietal characteristics.
Zarephath varieties include Riesling, Chardonnay, Petit Chardonnay, Rose, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Sparkling Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Merlot. Wines can be purchased online, by the glass or bottle at the winery's cafe, or at the cosy cellar door (open daily from 11am - 4pm).
Situated alongside the estate's cellar door, the Zarephath Cafe utilises local produce (including delectable Porongurup sheep cheese) to produce cafe favourites to be enjoyed overlooking beautiful views to Mount Many Peaks and the estate's sweeping vineyard. Open for Friday to Sunday 11am - 4pm (bookings essential).