Saturday Open Days Art Galleries & Museums in Pilbara Outback
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Galleries in Pilbara Outback
In 2015 the Tourist Association established the local Museum located in the old government building.
- Open Days/times:Mon - Fri: 9 - 4pm | Sat - Sun: 9am - 12pm
- Museums:Local History
- Historical Sites:Buildings
- Open Days:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
The museum houses relics collections etc. that are relevant to the area. The collection is constantly being added to and is definitely worth a look.
Martumili Artists was established by Martu people living in the communities of Parnpajinya (Newman), Jigalong, Parnngurr, Punmu, Kunawarritji, Irrungadji and Warralong.
- Open Days/times:Mon - Fri -10am to 4pm | Sat: 10am - 2pm
- Galleries:Aboriginal,Art Gallery
- Open Days:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday
The gallery draws on strong influences of aboriginal art history. The artists and their families are the traditional custodians of vast stretches of the Great Sandy, Little Sandy and Gibson Deserts as well as the Karlamilyi (Rudall River) area.