Things To Do in Piesse Brook
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Attractions in Piesse Brook
- [email protected]
- 9257 9999
A loop through Kalamunda National Park to the Rocky Pool.
- Activity:Bush Walking
- Type:Sites & Trails
- Suited For:Dog-friendly
- Open Days:Monday,School holidays,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Public Holidays
This loop walk in the Kalamunda National Park has some difficult steep loose descents. There are beautiful views with many wildflowers and creeks which run in winter. It includes a section of the Bibbulmun Track.
Trail markers for this walk are blue.
Start point: Car park at the end of Spring Road. Leave the car park and head in a Northerly direction.
1. At the T- junction take the left fork and walk uphill.
2. Ignore a track to the left and continue on the main track.
3. At the T junction take the right fork and cross a small water course.
4. At this point, leave the main track and take a branch to the right. The point is indicated by a sign and a large cut log to the right of the track. This is the most distant point from the start of the walk.
5. The descent here is loose and stony, and crosses a rocky water course with a rock formation resembling a ram’s head.
6. A divergence in the track. In winter, due to the flow of water, it is necessary to deviate to the left through a grove of saplings. The track is indistinct but generally follows the creek line. Look for a blue marker on a dark Red Gum.
7. A bridge across the water course, directly under a high tension power line.
8. Leave the power line and veer right on a well made track following Shire of Kalamunda walk trail signs.
9. Rocky Pool, a spectacular pool with large granite boulders. There is water here for most of the summer.
10. The Bibbulmun Track joins the track from the left.
11. Turn right off the formed road, following the Bibbulmun Track markers. The turn is further indicated by a trail marker on a large post on the left of the road.
12. The Bibbulmun Track turns left and heads up the hill. Leave the Bibbulmun Track here, cross the water course to the right.
13. After crossing the water course, turn left. A Shire of Kalamunda walk sign on a tree directs you to the left, back to the start point.