Monday Cellar Door Open Wineries in North Coast & Valleys
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Perths North Coast Region
Enjoy the approachable, premium wine range and cellar door of this delightful Cowaramup winery, or stay at the vineyard in authentic rammed-earth chalets, located just 10 minutes from Margaret River.
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Semillon,Shiraz
- Open Days/times:10am to 5pm daily.
- Vineyards:24 hectares
- Winemaker:Merv Smith, Matt Thomas
- Facilities:Accommodation,Cellar Door
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday
- Margaret River:Yallingup
- Cases Produced:3500 cases
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
After producing wool and lamb for over 30 years, Merv and Jan Smith developed this quaint vineyard in 1996. Their operation comprises of 40 acres of vineyards, two boutique chalets and a charming cellar door, conveniently located just 10 minutes from the Margaret River township.
The estate's Adinfern and Palinda ranges include Semillon, Classic White, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Frizzante, Shiraz Viognier and dessert wine made from lush Verdelho and Viognier grapes.
Adinfern's relaxed cellar door is situated amongst beautiful vineyards with garden views. The staff are attentive and full of knowledge to share during a tasting of the estate's range of sparking, table and dessert wines. Open seven days a week from 11am - 5:30pm, the cellar door also offers a range of local cheese, chocolate, crackers and skincare.
Adinfern's rustic rammed earth cottages provide a comfortable, fully-equipped stay in a garden setting nearby the estate's vineyards and cellar door, perfect for a wine lover's retreat.
- [email protected]
- (08) 9571 8800
Enjoy light meals, hampers and an expansive collection of red and whites at the cosy cellar door in this state-of-the-art winery in Lower Chittering Valley.
- Wine Variety:Grenache,Malbec,Shiraz,Verdelho,Viognier,Dessert,Sparkling,Cabernet Shiraz,Chenin Blanc,Chenin Verdelho,Cabernet,Chardonnay,Muscat,Sauvignon Blanc
- Wine Region:Perth Hills
- Vineyards:125 hectares
- Winemaker:Israel De Brito
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Established 2001 - 2010,Small (5,000-49,999 cases)
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Perth Hills:Chittering Valley
- Cases Produced:25,000 cases
- Lunch Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Established in 2000, Western Range Wines is an award-winning winery situated within the picturesque Chittering Valley. Just under an hour northeast of Perth, the Chittering Valley is far-removed from the hustle and bustle of the city. The region’s topography is responsible for a number of microclimates suitable for different grape varieties. The climate is typically Mediterranean with cool, wet winters, ideal for retaining acid structure and flavour.
The hillside location and modern vinification equipment allows for efficient and gentle handling, respecting the varietal characteristics of the grapes. Minimal winemaking handling techniques are employed to enhance freshness and character of the aromatic white varieties. In contrast, traditional winemaking techniques are employed on red varieties, with open fermenters and barrel aging to produce elegant, modern expressions of each variety. Western Range Wines are currently exported into Canada, China, France, Poland, Russia and Japan.
The current Cellar Door facility is an original weatherboard building, which has been converted into a cosy tasting room and sales area. Light meals, snacks and hampers are available whilst enjoying well informed wine tastings.
5 Red Stars