Drawing Galleries Art Galleries & Museums in Perth CBD
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Galleries in Perth
Art Collective WA is an artist-run, not-for-profit organisation that supports and promotes the work of established WA artists through exhibitions, as well as artist talks, publications and art fairs.
- Galleries:Drawing,Installation,Mixed Media,Woodwork,Painting,Sculpture,Textiles,Art Gallery
- Open Days/times:Wednesday - Friday 11am – 4pm, Saturday 12 – 4pm
- Open Days:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
Through the Collection, our associated programs, and stimulating exhibitions Gallery visitors' are offered a unique & exciting experiences of historic and contemporary Australian artists.
- Galleries:Craft,Drawing,Furniture,Glass,Installation,Jewellery,Mixed Media,Painting,Photography,Pottery,Sculpture,Ceramics,Textiles,Public Art Gallery
- Open Days/times:Wednesday - Monday 10am - 5pm (closed Good Friday, Anzac Day and Christmas Day.
- Open Days:Monday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
AGWA places particular emphasis on the arts of Australia, and due to their geographic position, the Indian Ocean Rim. Their proximity and access to many of the most exciting cultures of the world adds immeasurably to programs, exhibitions, collections and events at the State Art Gallery. Visit the Gallery and watch this site as they build for the future.
The Art Gallery of Western Australia, founded in 1895, occupies a precinct of three heritage buildings on the south-eastern corner of the Perth Cultural Centre. The Gallery houses the State Art Collection, which includes one of the world’s finest collections of Indigenous art, the pre-eminent collection of Western Australian art and design, as well as Australian and International art and design.
Cool Change Contemporary is a new artist-run-initiative opening in the Perth CBD in August 2018.
- Galleries:Art Gallery,Ceramics,Drawing,Installation,Painting,Photography,Sculpture,Mixed Media,Print Making
- Open Days:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Wheelchair Access:Whilst there is a lift, it is not wide enough for all wheelchairs. Please contact us for more information and for assistance accessing Cool Change.
Located within the historic Bon Marche Arcade building on Barrack Street, Cool Change Contemporary is a multi-gallery venue that will host a monthly program of exhibitions supported by regular performances, screenings, workshops and events.
Central's purpose-built gallery is a significant feature located in the heart Perth’s cultural area and the entertainment precinct of Northbridge.
- Galleries:Art Gallery,Glass,Installation,Jewellery,Painting,Photography,Pottery,Sculpture,Textiles,Animations,Ceramics,Craft,Drawing,Furniture
- Open Days/times:Monday - Friday 10am - 4.45pm, Saturday 12 - 4pm
- Open Days:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
The Gallery Central is part of North Metropolitan TAFE formerly Central Institute of Technology. The Gallery’s program includes exhibitions from local, national and international artists and an Artist-in-Residence Program, all within a stunningly appointed and centrally located Creative Industries training environment.
Admission is free and the Gallery Central has several spaces.
Exhibitions are accessible and relevant, appealing to a wide audience. The Gallery Central showcase a range of artists which from time to time includes the achievements of College staff, students and graduates. Creative Industries at Central teaches visual art, ceramics, jewellery, fashion and textiles, graphic design, interior design and decoration, design for industry, photography, film and TV, music, animation and multimedia.
- [email protected]
- (08)9427 3111
The illustrated picture book Ten Pound Pom (Black Dog Books, 2017) by Carole Wilkinson and Liz Anelli shares the real-life tale of Carole Wilkinson’s journey of migration from England to Australia.
- Open Days/times:Tuesday 11 February 2020 to Sunday 24 May 2020 during library opening hours
- Represented Artists:Carole Wilkinson and Liz Anelli
- Open Days:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Sunday,Saturday,Monday,Tuesday
- Facilities:Cafe,Free,Wheelchair Access
The illustrated picture book Ten Pound Pom (Black Dog Books, 2017) by Carole Wilkinson and Liz Anelli shares the real-life tale of Carole Wilkinson’s journey of migration from England to Australia. In the 1950s and 1960s thousands of British migrants were welcomed to Australia as part of assisted passage migration schemes. This exhibition explores the story showing how Liz Anelli crafted the illustrations through layering of sketches, collage, ephemera and digital techniques. Especially curated for children and families, this exhibition is supported by a self-guided trail.
FREE. No bookings required.
Image: We arrive at Fremantle, detail from page 20 of Ten Pound Pom, 2017, Liz Anelli, State Library of Western Australia, PWC /269