Aged Care Charity Facilities Clubs & Classes in Perth CBD
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Clubs Associations in Perth
COTA WA: The Voice of Seniors – advocating on behalf of seniors to influence local, state and federal government, business and the community;
- Type:DGR 1 Status
- Charity:Aged Care
COTA WA is an incorporated, non-profit, charitable, deductible gift recipient organisation governed by an elected Board, managed and run by professional staff, and supported by the generous contributions of many volunteers.
An independent organisation run by older people for older people, COTA WA has 4,000 individual supporters and more than 150 organisational members, themselves representing over 200,000 individuals.
We are recognised by the State and Federal Governments as the peak seniors’ organisation in Western Australia. We are members of COTA Australia, an organisation that brings together all State and Territory COTA’s. Nationally, we:
- Assist and resource the COTA Australia National Policy Council in the key areas of policy development, information dissemination and resource development
- Collect, interpret and disseminate information within the COTA network and to interested external individuals and organisations.
As the peak non-government seniors’ organisation in Western Australia, COTA WA is widely respected for its policy and program work. Our submissions to government have resulted in a number of significant improvements in services for seniors in recent times.
COTA WA is a uniquely inclusive organisation. Unlike mass membership organisations who lobby solely for their members, we seek to promote the interests of all older Australians, irrespective of their origin, situation or background.
COTA WA is;
- The Voice of Seniors – advocating on behalf of seniors to influence local, state and federal government, business and the community;
- A provider of programs and projects that benefit seniors, including the Seniors’ Housing Centre, Living Longer Living Stronger, Seniors Quality Use of Medicines and beyond maturity blues.
- A member organisation providing benefits to individual and organisational members including the Ambassador Card, One COTA Magazine and free or reduced prices to attend our events.