Youth Welfare Charity Clubs & Associations in Northern Suburbs
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Clubs Associations in Perth Northern Suburbs
JDRF is the world's largest charitable supporter of type 1 diabetes research.
- Type:DGR 1 Status
- Charity:Family,Fundraising,Local Community,Mental Health,Youth Welfare
JDRF was founded in 1970 in the US and 1982 in Australia by a group of determined volunteers.
Internationally, JDRF has been involved in every major type 1 diabetes breakthrough of the last four decades. JDRF-funded researchers have driven the advancement of day-to-day disease management tools and accelerated the pace of research through a focus on four research priorities - immune therapies, beta cell therapies, glucose control therapies and complications therapies.
JDRF supports Australian diabetes research via the strategic provision of funding, investing over $160 million into Australian research to date.
In addition to supporting research, JDRF Australia plays a key role in advising and influencing health policy direction across all levels of government and building community awareness of type 1 diabetes.
Throughout all local and international activities JDRF's mission remains constant - to find a cure for type 1 diabetes and its complications through the support of research.
At Youth Futures we are driven by the belief that all young people matter, regardless of the circumstances they find themselves in.
- Type:DGR 1 Status
- Charity:Education & Training,Emergency Relief,Family,Food,Housing & Homeless,Mental Health,Migrants,Youth Welfare
Each year our passionate team work with some of WA's most at-risk young people, providing them with the skills, opportunities and support they need to break the cycle of disadvantage. Our services include;
* Accommodation & Support for young people experiencing homelessness
* Education programs for disengaged young people and early school leavers
* Emergency Relief (food, toiletries and public transport passes for young people experiencing financial stress)
* Outreach Support (providing street present young people with information on mental health, drugs and alcohol, education and safe sex)
* Case Management (empowering young people to address their underlying issues and helping them plan for a better future).
* Drug Education and Support