Education & Training Charity Facilities Clubs & Classes in Northern Suburbs
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Clubs Associations in Perth Northern Suburbs
Parents and Families of Lesbians and Gays. A non for profit organisation whose members have a common goal to keep families together by providing support and information to families of all gay people.
- Type:Volunteer,Association,National Focus
- Charity:Education & Training,Family,Local Community
PFLAG are the parents and friends of gay and lesbian people who are apart of our community, united by the common bond. Someone they love and care for is lesbian or gay.
Gay persons in many communities are affected by discrimination in their pursuit for happiness and in striving to live their lives with openess and dignity.
Homosexuals are not the only ones touched by this discrimination, but also affecting their friends and families. This organisation is about achieving the same rights and opportunities for gay people, to bring understanding and acceptance of diversity to the community.
The RSPCA's mission is to improve the Welfare of Animals across the state. We are a charity, not a government agency.
- Type:DGR 1 Status
- Charity:Animals,Education & Training,Fundraising
All animals are accepted as sentient beings treated with dignity, compassion and respect.
We believe all animals should be:
- free from hunger and thirst
- free from discomfort
- free from pain injury and disease
- free to express normal behaviour
- free from fear and distress
- Adoptions and animal shelter
- Education and School Holiday programs
- Animal advocacy
For the thousands of people with an intellectual disability in Western Australia, sport is a way of celebrating and transforming their lives.
- Charity:Disabilities,Education & Training
In sport, every effort is rewarded with a smile and every journey is more momentous than any victory.
Special Olympics Western Australia (SOWA) provides ongoing sports training and competition for children and adults living with an intellectual disability. Through the network of dedicated volunteers, our programs are offered in 9 sports across Western Australia.
Special Olympics Perth Metro North Region has been established for over 20 years and encompasses the northern corridor of Perth with over 250 members participating in 9 sports. In 2013 under new leadership and direction, the region’s committee will continue overseeing the ongoing sports programs and competition calendar.
“Our measure of excellence is not in breaking records, but in helping each of our athletes to achieve their personal best”
At Youth Futures we are driven by the belief that all young people matter, regardless of the circumstances they find themselves in.
- Type:DGR 1 Status
- Charity:Education & Training,Emergency Relief,Family,Food,Housing & Homeless,Mental Health,Migrants,Youth Welfare
Each year our passionate team work with some of WA's most at-risk young people, providing them with the skills, opportunities and support they need to break the cycle of disadvantage. Our services include;
* Accommodation & Support for young people experiencing homelessness
* Education programs for disengaged young people and early school leavers
* Emergency Relief (food, toiletries and public transport passes for young people experiencing financial stress)
* Outreach Support (providing street present young people with information on mental health, drugs and alcohol, education and safe sex)
* Case Management (empowering young people to address their underlying issues and helping them plan for a better future).
* Drug Education and Support