Saturday Open Days Art Galleries & Museums in Western Suburbs
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Galleries in Perth Coast
Providing a platform for the testing of ideas by fine arts, architecture and landscape architecture students.
- Galleries:Artist Studio,Public Art Gallery,Mixed Media,Art Gallery
- Open Days/times:Opens 10:00am to 1:00pm Monday, 6:00pm to 9:00pm Friday & Saturday, and 10:00am to 1:00pm Sunday.
- Facilities:Free,Wheelchair Access
- Open Days:Monday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
ARTLAAB was established in 2011 to support ALVA students, staff and graduates who need a readily available space to develop and exhibit work, in a venue that is connected with the broader community. Located in the Masonic Hall at No. 6 Broadway (on the main cafe strip), it enjoys excellent exposure to a vibrant university community and the general public.
The main purpose of the facility is to provide a platform for the testing of ideas and development of creative work by students studying fine arts, architecture and landscape architecture, allowing ALVA staff and students to engage with the broader public, along with any other students from arts institutions in Western Australia.
ARTLAAB is particularyly receptive to experimental, participatory and performance based work.
(Image above is the artists render of current renovation works.)
Unique Artist run not for profit group supporting local artisans. Call in to Burt St Gallery Cottesloe open every Saturday and see the fabulous members work our gallery.
- Open Days/times:Saturday 10am - 4pm
- Open Days:Saturday
Great local gallery run by volunteers, our aim is to further the interest, knowledge and skills in the art of making pottery. Provide classes for beginners and advanced students, as well as workshops by local, interstate and overseas potters. Our facilities include a gallery space and a well equipped studio workroom.
The Museum offers a simple and interactive way for visitors of all ages to discover and explore earth sciences.
- Open Days/times:Mon, Wed & Fri 9:30am to 5pm, Sat 2pm to 5pm
- Facilities:Free,Wheelchair Access
- Open Days:Monday,Wednesday,Friday,Saturday
More than a thousand school students are treated each year to rare experiences such as touching a meteorite, creating their own (non-destructive) earthquake and handling some of Western Australia’s unusual minerals.
The Museum is part of the School of Earth and Environment.
Gallows Fine Art Gallery exhibits local and interstate artists in the disciplines of painting, sculpture, ceramics, glass and jewellery. The Gallery is dedicated to promoting diversity amongst artforms.
- Open Days/times:Tuesday - Friday 10am - 4:30pm, Saturday 12pm - 5pm, Sunday 2pm - 5pm
- Open Days:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Sunday,Saturday
Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery, located next to the Sunken Gardens within the beautiful grounds of The University of Western Australia, is acknowledged as one of the finest university galleries in Australia.
- Galleries:Painting,Mixed Media,Sculpture,Art Gallery,Ceramics,Installation
- Open Days/times:Tuesdays - Saturday 11am - 5pm
- Open Days:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
The Gallery is a centre for critical and scholarly engagement with visual culture for the wider community as well as students and staff on campus.
The gallery presents a diverse exhibition program each year including works from the University's art collections, historical and contemporary art and travelling exhibitions.
All exhibitions are supported by a stimulating program of artist talks, curating forums, lectures, presentations, workshops, symposia, conferences and performances and bring together practicing artists and specialists, along with teaching and research staff from the University of to engage with students on campus and the wider community.
Current exhibitions: http://www.lwag.uwa.edu.au/exhibitions
- 09 9226 2799
The new art and culture exhibition space in Claremont
- Open Days/times:Monday - Sunday 8am - 3pm
- Galleries:Art Gallery,Craft,Installation,Mixed Media,Photography
- Open Days:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday
- SCOOP ADMIN ONLY:FORM
The Goods Shed is FORM's space for exhibitions, installations and commissions; for artist and thinker residences; for community activity and exchange. The transformation of The Goods Shed has been made possible by the partnership between LandCorp and FORM.
Established specifically to showcase Aboriginal art, all artworks are sourced from art centres throughout Western Australia, the Central & Western Desert, the Top End and Tiwi Islands.
- Galleries:Painting,Sculpture,Craft,Aboriginal,Art Gallery
- Open Days/times:Thursday – Saturday 10am – 3pm
- Open Days:Thursday,Friday,Saturday