Cabernet Malbec Wine Variety Wineries in Perth and Surrounds
Wineries in Perth And Surrounds
- [email protected]
- 089299 6268
The perfect escape from the city for a delectable a la carte winery lunch with magnificent views, a rustic ambience and sumptuous wines, just 30 minutes from Perth.
- Wine Variety:Chenin Blanc,Merlot,Pinot Chardonnay,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Sparkling,Cabernet Malbec,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Chardonnay
- Wine Region:Perth Hills
- Vineyards:40 acres
- Cellar Door Open:Holidays,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant
- Perth Hills:Heart of the Hills
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
Sitting atop steep terraced slopes and surrounded by virgin bushland, Darlington Estate utilises environmentally friendly viticulture to ensure the integrity of the land, and in turn, the wine. Perfectly suited to functions (namely weddings), the main building is a stone, wood and glass construction that blends seamlessly into the natural environment.
Varieties include Chenin, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Merlot, Shiraz and Rosé.
Darlington's award winning restaurant is known for its attractive a la carte menu, reflecting a combination of Australian and European influences. Perfectly complemented by the estate's premium wines, each dish is designed to showcase a locally sourced produce, embellished with clever accompaniments. Open for lunch Thursday-Sunday and dinner Fridays and Saturdays.
Voted best Swan Valley Cellar Door in 2018, enjoy the stunning restaurant, cellar door and award-winning wines with grapes sourced from Margaret River, Franklyn River and Swan District.
- Wine Variety:Rosé,Grenache Shiraz,Petit Verdot,Shiraz,Dessert,Cabernet Malbec,Muscat,Pinot Gris,Pinot Noir,Sauvignon Blanc,Tempranillo,Verdelho,Fortified,Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Tawny,Sparkling Rose,Sparkling Shiraz,Grenache,Malbec
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door: Tue - Sun 10am to 4pm, Restaurant: Tue – Sun 9.30am to 4pm
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Lunch Open:Sunday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Cases Produced:8000 cases
- Vineyards:10 hectares
- Cellar Door Open:Sunday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Facilities:Restaurant,Cellar Door,Functions
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Nestled among the vines on a gently winding road near the upper reaches of the Swan River lies one of the jewels of the historic Swan Valley.
Founded by Simon and Maaike Berns in 1998 and named after a small Australian bird which abounds in the nearby tree-lined Swan River, Sittella Winery is one of the newest wineries in the Swan Valley.
Sittella’s Swan Valley vineyard thrives on the fertile soils and Mediterranean climate of hot dry summers and mild wet winters, producing a range of rich, full flavoured wines. Simon and Maaike Berns have been successful in producing high quality traditional wine styles using Verdelho, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Tempanillo and Petit Verdot, and now source grapes from other vineyards in the Swan Valley, their own Margaret River property and and Franklyn River in the Great Southern. Over the past five years, production has increased dramatically with a crush of over 100 tonnes.
Maaike is responsible for the imaginative architecture of the restaurant, incorporating the essence of modern Italy into this wonderful earth-rendered winery.
The winery and Restaurant is open from 11:00am to 4:00pm Tuesdays – Sundays and public holidays.
The Sittella Vineyard is located on a stretch of fertile land 20 km north-east of Perth. In this upper river district, with the Darling Ranges to the east and the Indian Ocean to the west, the warm Mediterranean style climate provides steady winter rainfall and hot, dry summers which produce grapes of wonderful flavour, richness, balance and style. The water supply is a trickle system using bore water. Verdelho, Chardonnay, Shiraz, vines grow over a 5 hectare allotment on rich alluvial sandy loam soils (3 hectares under vine). Recent plantings also include Tempranillo, and Petit Verdot.
MARGARET RIVER ESTATE
Located at Willyabrup, 260 kms south west of Perth. The region’s temperate southern climate has been likened to Bordeaux with its generous winter rainfall, freedom from spring frosts and subdued summer temperatures – the ideal growing conditions for international wine styles. With 2.5 hectares of undulating land and soils are amongst the best in the area. Comprised of red brown loam with some gravel that ensures good natural drainage. Varieties include Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc and more recently Malbec to develop a classic red Blend.