Kids Play Area Facilities Wineries in Perth and Surrounds
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Perth And Surrounds
Spend a day at Lake Clifton’s best value, family-friendly winery, brewery and bistro, just 20 minutes from Mandurah, set beside spectacular forest and home to WA’s fascinating, ancient Thrombolites.
- Wine Variety:Merlot Blend,Port,Rose,Shiraz,Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Merlot,Dessert
- Wine Region:Peel
- Open Days/times:7 days, 10am to 5pm
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Tuesday,Monday
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
- Lunch Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Tuesday,Wednesday
- Facilities:BBQ Facilities,Restaurant,Cellar Door,Kids Play Area
Cape Bouvard Winery & Brewery is the only winery in the Mandurah shire. A destination the family will love, make a day of tasting delicious boutique wines and beers, indulging on a local seafood and discovering host of unique natural attractions at the property including the Thrombolites; the world’s first life form.
The name of the winery comes from WA’s early history. When French sailors discovered Western Australia in 1801, they named the area "Cape of Bouvard" after French astronomer Alexis Bouvard. The name lives on at Cape Bouvard Winery & Brewery.
The Wines & Wine Tasting
White varieties include Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Verdelho, Chardonnay and a Classic White, and reds include Merlot, Grenache, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon. The wines are available for tasting at the cellar door and winery and brewery tours can also be arranged in advance.
With a motto that good quality food shouldn’t cost the earth, Cape Bouvard serves up modern Australian, café and relaxed restaurant style food featuring local produce wherever possible. Their alfresco overlooks the picturesque vineyards, forest and lawn while the signature indoor log fire is perfect for winter. Open for lunch Tuesday-Sunday.
Lake Clifton is home to unique Thrombolites (living rocks), and this is one of only two places in Western Australia that are home to the world's first life form. There is a special look out platform to fully appreciate these fascinating structures. The winery is also bordered by the Yalgorup National Park, home to a plethora of tuart and peppermint woodlands.
Kids are welcome. Pack a frisbee, cricket or bocce set to make the most of the expansive lawns.
- [email protected]
- (08) 9296 6190
Located in the heart of the valley, Carilley is renowned for its stunning grounds and restaurant serving modern Australian cuisine and a variety of wine, boutique beers and ciders.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Dessert,Fortified,Sparkling,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Merlot,Shiraz,Viognier,Cabernet Sauvignon,Verdelho
- Facilities:Functions,Restaurant,Cellar Door,Kids Play Area
- Dinner Open:Friday
- Cases Produced:1500 cases
- Vineyards:4.2 acres
- Winemaker:John Griffiths
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Thursday
- Lunch Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
Whether you decide to drop in to the cellar door or have lunch in the restaurant or alfresco sails area, everyone enjoys the lush vineyards, ancient gums, enchanting gardens and kid’s play area.
The Cellar door is open for tastings Thursday to Sunday and offers a wide variety of wines produced from the rich loamy soil on-site, including Chardonnay, Shiraz and Merlot. The Chenin and Viognier grapes are grown on the other side of the beautiful Susannah Brook. You can also enjoy estate-grown Olive Oil which is hand-picked, first pressed and organic.
Carilley Estate is managed by the award-winning Spices Group and is a popular venue for weddings and events. Outdoor events hosted in the alfresco area and the gardens, vineyards and olive groves make for an ideal setting for wedding ceremonies and photographs.
- [email protected]
- 08 6279 0500
Settled on the banks of the Swan in the 1840s, Mandoon is an iconic destination for the region with cellar door, fine dining restaurant, outdoor deli, microbrewery, gallery and kids play area.
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Rose,Verdelho,Chardonnay,Classic Dry White,Grenache,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Shiraz,Merlot,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Open Days/times:Restaurant: Wed – Sun Lunch, Fri – Sat Dinner, Sat - Sun Breakfast | Brewery: Sun – Thu 7:30am - 8:30pm, Fri - Sat 7:30am - 9:30pm
- Lunch Open:Sunday,Holidays,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Dinner Open:Friday,Saturday
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Breakfast Open:Saturday,Sunday
- Winemaker:Ryan Sudano (Senior Winemaker)
- Facilities:Accommodation,Functions,Kids Play Area,Cellar Door,Gallery,Restaurant
- Cases Produced:10000 cases
- Cellar Door Open:Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
Settled by John Septimus Roe soon after the establishment of the Swan River Colony, Mandoon Estate has significant heritage. In the language of the local aboriginals, it means “place of many trees.”
The picturesque ground is complete with a kid’s play area and gallery located in the property’s original homestead, cellar door, microbrewery and varied eating facilities, making it a popular destination for locals and tourists looking to unwind.
In the words of Sir James Stirling: “The richness of the soil, the bright foliage of the shrubs, the majesty of the surrounding trees, the abrupt and red coloured banks of the River occasionally seen, and the view of the blue summits of the mountains from which we were not far distant, made the scenery around this spot as beautiful as anything or kind I had ever witnessed.”
Mandoon Estate is located just 30 minutes from Perth CBD and accessible by both road and river, or just a scenic helicopter flight away! Or for the ultimate weekend away, stay in one of 32 beautifully appointed rooms at the Colony.
A block of Verdelho was first planted in 1895 and still produces grapes today, make it one of the oldest commercially used vineyards in Western Australia.
The winery has only been producing wine since 2010, all of which can be enjoyed at the award-winning cellar door. The focus is on creating a boutique range of premium wines from well-preserved low-yielding vineyards in the Swan Valley and other regions. Varieties include Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Verdelho, Riesling, Chardonnay, Grenache, Cabernet, Cabernet Merlot and Shiraz.
Executive chef Michael Hartnell oversees the fine dining restaurant offering a modern Australian menu. For a more casual experience there’s an outdoor deli and bar offering pizza, roast meat on the spit and gourmet sausages, all located next to the children’s playground and gallery.
THE ‘HOMESTEAD’ MICROBREWERY
The ‘Homestead’ microbrewery remains the only brewery of its kind in Australia, using German manufactured Schulz brewing equipment to produce unique craft ales and cider.
TOURS & FUNCTIONS
Stunning grounds, a purpose-built function centre and private wine tasting cellar makes it possible to cater for all needs: a casual meal, intimate dinner, private tastings, wedding or gala ball. A range of experiences can be organised in advance, including corporate team building, bush tucker tasting packages, private tours, river cruises and scenic chopper flights. Extend your stay at the new 32 room luxe accommodation – The Colony.
ACCOMMODATION: THE COLONY
Enjoy one of 32 beautifully appointed rooms, overlooking the historic Verdelho vines and the banks of the Swan. This the perfect base from which to explore the valley, be it a lazy day on the Estate, a leisurely lunch, gourmet ramble and gallery hopping around the Valley, or bush walking and mountain biking in the nearby national parks.
Wild Swan Restaurant: Wed – Sun Lunch, Fri – Sat Dinner
Homestead Brewery: Sun – Thu 7:30am - 8:30pm Fri - Sat 7:30am - 9:30pm
The Lawn: Sat – Sun 11am - 5pm
- [email protected]
- (08) 9374 8000
A day at Oakover is a delightful way to spend some time with the family in a relaxed environment with picturesque views over the grounds.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Classic Dry White,Merlot,Verdelho,Viognier,Cabernet,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Malbec,Muscat,Petit Verdot,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Fortified,Rose,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Tempranillo,Vermentino
- Open Days/times:Restaurant: Wed – Sun, Breakfast from 8am & Lunch from 11:30am | Cellar Door: Wed – Sun 11:00am - 3:30pm
- Facilities:Kids Play Area,Functions,Cellar Door,Light Food
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Breakfast Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Lunch Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Choose to dine in their eclectic industrial style restaurant or on the patio while you partake in an afternoon of coffee, wine and a bite to eat. Plus, their kitchen serves the best local produce designed with you in mind. Children aren't forgotten with a range of kids meals that will satisfy even the smallest of mouths.
There is plenty of entertainment for the kids - with the chance to cruise the lake with our free paddle boats, play the Giant Connect Four, engage in a round of totem tennis, or take on the other kids with a game of backyard cricket. If more of a challenge is needed, ask one of our staff for our Nature Hunt activity - it's great after lunch fun or just let them run in the wide open spaces.