Aged Care Charity Clubs & Associations in Perth and Surrounds
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Clubs Associations in Perth And Surrounds
As Australia’s oldest and largest dementia organisation Alzheimer’s Australia WA is at the forefront of dementia care services, world class research and education and training programs. We provide specialised services to more than 24,000 people with dementia and their families and carers including respite, counselling and social support.
- Charity:Aged Care,Education & Training,Health
We also offer education, nationally recognised training and advisory services to people working in health and aged care and community education programs for the general public.
With two metropolitan and six regional offices and a regional branch, Alzheimer’s Australia WA employs more than 200 specialist staff including:
- Social workers;
- Occupational therapists;
- Qualified counsellors;
- Educators; and
- Dementia specialist support workers.
Community Vision Inc. provides services for people of all ages including seniors, veterans, children and people with disabilities in Perth's northern suburbs.
- Charity:Veterans & Defence,Aged Care,Disabilities
- Type:DGR 1 Status
About Community Vision
At Community Vision we believe that everyone deserves assistance during times of vulnerability and have created our services to have a positive impact on both our clients and the wider community. It is our role to assist people live their life, their way.
Our vision is to create a stronger and more connected community.
We will be the trusted provider of services.
We are the Organisation that people go to and we are the benchmark in community care.
We improve the lives of people during times of vulnerability by filling the gaps that community no longer fills.
Here at Community Vision we value:
Community Vision’s culture, business and services demonstrate a passion for accountability and excellence in supporting people to live their live, their way.
If you are interested in being part of our amazing volunteer group please send an email to the HR Department - [email protected] or contact us on (08) 9301 8222 to find out what volunteering opportunities may be available.
COTA WA: The Voice of Seniors – advocating on behalf of seniors to influence local, state and federal government, business and the community;
- Type:DGR 1 Status
- Charity:Aged Care
COTA WA is an incorporated, non-profit, charitable, deductible gift recipient organisation governed by an elected Board, managed and run by professional staff, and supported by the generous contributions of many volunteers.
An independent organisation run by older people for older people, COTA WA has 4,000 individual supporters and more than 150 organisational members, themselves representing over 200,000 individuals.
We are recognised by the State and Federal Governments as the peak seniors’ organisation in Western Australia. We are members of COTA Australia, an organisation that brings together all State and Territory COTA’s. Nationally, we:
- Assist and resource the COTA Australia National Policy Council in the key areas of policy development, information dissemination and resource development
- Collect, interpret and disseminate information within the COTA network and to interested external individuals and organisations.
As the peak non-government seniors’ organisation in Western Australia, COTA WA is widely respected for its policy and program work. Our submissions to government have resulted in a number of significant improvements in services for seniors in recent times.
COTA WA is a uniquely inclusive organisation. Unlike mass membership organisations who lobby solely for their members, we seek to promote the interests of all older Australians, irrespective of their origin, situation or background.
COTA WA is;
- The Voice of Seniors – advocating on behalf of seniors to influence local, state and federal government, business and the community;
- A provider of programs and projects that benefit seniors, including the Seniors’ Housing Centre, Living Longer Living Stronger, Seniors Quality Use of Medicines and beyond maturity blues.
- A member organisation providing benefits to individual and organisational members including the Ambassador Card, One COTA Magazine and free or reduced prices to attend our events.
Come join us to find our how you can make your home safer to prevent falls.
- Charity:Aged Care,Information & Referral
- Take part in a home modification info session by the Independent Living Centre
- Learn about simple low cost ways to make your home safer
- Talk to local service providers in the community
- Join us for a FREE morning tea!
This is for all older adults, their families and carers.
Southern Cross Care (WA)nIc, one of Western Australia’s leading providers of quality care, support and accommodation services.
- Charity:Aged Care
- Type:DGR 1 Status
Southern Cross Care (WA) inc. (SCC) is a not for profit organisation, established in 1966. We are aged care specialists, with extensive experience in dementia care and mental health services. We currently provide services to 3000 Western Australians in a range of metropolitan, regional and remote locations, from Broome to Collie and many places in between.
SCC (WA) owns or operates facilities throughout metropolitan and regional and remote areas.
- 10 residential aged care facilities
- 9 retirement villages
- A wide range of Home Care
- Services to those with a mental illness
- 6 day/overnight respite centres
- 3 community options houses
- Southern Cross Care is also a Registered Growth Provider with the Department of Housing, Government of Western Australia.