Friday Cellar Door Open Wineries in Pemberton Area
Wineries in Pemberton Area
Set amongst the spectacular Karri forests of Pemberton, this humble family-owned and operated vineyard and cellar door produces a popular range of premium, cool-climate, estate-grown wines.
- Open Days/times:By appointment only
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Rosé,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Shiraz
- Brands:10 Chains
- Cellar Door Open:Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
Owned and operated by Kate and Shaun Woods, the 10 Chains vineyard is situated within the Pemberton Wine Region and was established in 1996. The rich loam soils that are unique to the Karri forests of the region, which provide ideal growing conditions for the cool climate wine style associated with Pemberton.
The name 10 Chains draws from the historic measurement of a “chain” used up until the 1960s for mapping and land surveying.
Varieties include Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay, Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Rose and Sauvignon Blanc Semillon.
Open 12-5pm Friday-Sunday, or by appointment.
Select a glass of premium wine and dine over lunch from a creative, local-ingredient filled menu, set with stunning views of the ancient Karri forest and picturesque surrounds of Pemberton.
- Wine Variety:Pinot Noir,Sauvignon Blanc,Riesling,Shiraz,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Classic Dry White,Merlot,Method Traditionale,Muscat,Tawny,Dessert,Fortified,Sparkling,Cabernet
- Wine Region:Pemberton
- Open Days/times:Wed to Sun 10am to 4pm
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Dogs Welcome,Kids Play Area,Wheelchair Access,Restaurant,Functions
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Wheelchair Access:Wheelchair access to cellar door, toilets and outdoor dining.
- Cases Produced:1000 cases
- Vineyards:2 hectares
- Winemaker:Brenden Smith, Coby Ladwig, Phil Goldring
Owners Ardal and Sue made a seachange from Perth to Pemberton with their two children in 2014. Ardal's 30 years of experience as a chef contributed greatly to the design and refurbishment of the estate's beautiful restaurant where he spends most of his time when not in the vineyard and gardens with Sue.
Only 3km from the Pemberton township, the vineyard at Hidden River Estate was established in 1994 and is situated on rich Karri loam soil. The vines have consistently produced exceptional berries from which the wines are produced, imbibed with the distinct fruit characters of the terroir and climate of cool nights and warm summer days.
The wines are labelled with iconic illustrations by Art Nouveau artist Alphonse Mucha and reflect the sophistication and elegance of Hidden River wines and are a celebration of nature and beauty. Varieties include an Unwooded Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Wooded Chardonnay, Sweet Chardonnay, Rose and Merlot. Wines are available for tasting and purchase at the estate's charming cellar door, open Wednesday to Sunday 10am - 4pm.
Overlooking the giant Karri trees of Pemberton, Chef-owner Ardal has continued a theme of nature and beauty through his menus, capturing the spectrum of tastes, flavours and fragrance from the regional produce. He believes in genuine honest food which can come from traditional recipes as well as the new and novel approaches. His well-crafted dishes combine the art of taste with the knowledge of cooking.
Open Wednesday to Sunday from 10am - 4pm.
- [email protected]
- (08) 9776 1345
Discover certified organic, regional wines including Australia’s first truffle liqueur at the delightful, hand-built cellar door and art gallery this Pemberton pioneer.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Sauvignon Blanc
- Open Days/times:10am - 4pm Daily
- Wine Region:Pemberton
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Gallery,Picnic Facilities
- Winemaker:Saxon Mountford
- Cellar Door Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday
Early pioneers of the wine industry in WA's South West, Andrew and Sue Mountford established the winery in 1987 after spending three years researching the Pemberton area. After analysing soil samples, rainfall and grape varieties best suited to the region, six hectares of vines were planted and an award winning winery and cellar door facility was hand-built with bricks made onsite. In 2003 the winery became the first NASAA Certified Organic winery in the region with the vineyard certification following in 2006.
The range focuses on Pemberton’s most respected wine varieties, namely Merlot, Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc. In 2018 Mountford Wines released Australia’s first Truffle Liqueur made from local Manjimup truffles. The winery is also home to the Tangletoe Ciders which feature organic handcrafted ciders and vinegars.
One of the first wineries in the region, Mountford's cellar door was crafted from hand-made adobe bricks sourced onsite, and has become an icon of the region. An art gallery opened in 1994 and hosts ongoing seasonal exhibitions representing local artists. Open daily from 10am-4pm.
- [email protected]
- 08 9776 1584
Surrounded by Karri forest with panoramic lake-views, discover this 4 Star Halliday winery’s superb regional range or indulge in contemporary dining, bursting with world-class local produce.
- Wine Variety:Viognier,Malbec,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Zinfandel,Sparkling,Rosé
- Open Days/times:Fri to Mon 10am to 4pm
- Wine Region:Pemberton
- Cases Produced:12,000 cases
- Vineyards:23.5 hectares
- Winemaker:Chris Murtha
- Cellar Door Open:Holidays,Sunday,Monday,Friday,Saturday
- Lunch Open:Monday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Accommodation,Cellar Door,Functions,Light Food
Nestled amongst magnificent and picturesque Karri and Jarrah forest, Silkwood Wines’ undulating landscape, a temperate climate and rich gravelly loam soils produce wines of exceptional quality. Owned by the Bowman family since 2004, the first vines of the 23 hectare vineyard (Shiraz and Chardonnay) were planted in 1999. Subsequent plantings of many more grape varieties followed.
Silkwood's extensive range focuses on regional varietal wines, expressed through three tiers. Pemberton’s flagship varietals Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling are at the core of the range which is also embellished with Shiraz, Merlot, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Semillon, Malbec and two sparkling wines.
The scenic, lakeside cellar door, with its knowledgeable staff provides the perfect relaxed setting to sample Silkwood Wine’s extensive range of wines. Open Friday to Monday 10am - 4pm.
Pemberton is renowned for its exceptional fresh produce and the Silkwood restaurant uses the finest local ingredients in its colourful, seasonal menu, created by world-class chefs. Perched lakeside with panoramic views of the Karri forest, this is the ideal setting to enjoy sumptuous gourmet delights and award-winning wines. Open Friday to Monday 10am - 4pm.