Viognier Wine Variety Wineries in Pemberton Area
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Pemberton Area
Discover the sophisticated Chardonnay and Pinot Noir of Australian wine’s highly-respected Pannell family who grow outstanding single vineyard wines from their property in Pemberton.
- Wine Variety:Pinot Noir,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Shiraz,Viognier,Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Malbec,Merlot
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Open Days/times:Appointment only.
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Appointment Only
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cases Produced:6000 cases
- Vineyards:10 hectares
- Winemaker:Bill and Dan Pannell
One of Australia’s leading premium producers, Picardy was established by Bill, Sandra and Dan Pannell, the same family who established the iconic Margaret River winery, Moss Wood.
All wines are estate-grown on Picardy’s single vineyard property in Pemberton on unirrigated, cane-pruned and handpicked vines. The vineyard is managed meticulously utilising the most labour-intensive practices for canopy management to grow ultra-premium fruit. The purpose-built winery was designed tapping into Bill and Dan’s forty years of experience and follows a minimal intervention approach to winemaking.
Burgundy varieties, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir are the focus and a considerable variety of clones have been planted within the vineyard. The family have imported five clones of Pinot directly from Burgundy. Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz and a Bordeaux inspired red blend are also made.
The wines are available direct online or through selected retailers and restaurants.
The cellar door is available by appointment only.
- [email protected]
- 08 9776 1584
Surrounded by Karri forest with panoramic lake-views, discover this 4 Star Halliday winery’s superb regional range or indulge in contemporary dining, bursting with world-class local produce.
- Wine Variety:Malbec,Viognier,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Zinfandel,Sparkling,Rose,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir
- Open Days/times:Fri to Mon 10am to 4pm
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Facilities:Light Food,Accommodation,Cellar Door,Functions
- Cases Produced:12,000 cases
- Vineyards:23.5 hectares
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Holidays
- Winemaker:Chris Murtha
- Lunch Open:Monday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Nestled amongst magnificent and picturesque Karri and Jarrah forest, Silkwood Wines’ undulating landscape, a temperate climate and rich gravelly loam soils produce wines of exceptional quality. Owned by the Bowman family since 2004, the first vines of the 23 hectare vineyard (Shiraz and Chardonnay) were planted in 1999. Subsequent plantings of many more grape varieties followed.
Silkwood's extensive range focuses on regional varietal wines, expressed through three tiers. Pemberton’s flagship varietals Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling are at the core of the range which is also embellished with Shiraz, Merlot, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Semillon, Malbec and two sparkling wines.
The scenic, lakeside cellar door, with its knowledgeable staff provides the perfect relaxed setting to sample Silkwood Wine’s extensive range of wines. Open Friday to Monday 10am - 4pm.
Pemberton is renowned for its exceptional fresh produce and the Silkwood restaurant uses the finest local ingredients in its colourful, seasonal menu, created by world-class chefs. Perched lakeside with panoramic views of the Karri forest, this is the ideal setting to enjoy sumptuous gourmet delights and award-winning wines. Open Friday to Monday 10am - 4pm.