Verdelho Wine Variety Wineries in Peel Coast
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Peel Coast
Experience the history of the oldest winery within the Peel Region through its colonial-style cellar door, creative wines and family-friendly surrounds with regular live music events.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Shiraz,Verdelho,Sparkling,Fortified,Cabernet Shiraz,Method Traditionale,Port,Zinfandel,Shiraz Cabernet,Rose
- Open Days/times:7 Days a Week 10am to 5pm (Closed Christmas Day and Good Friday)
- Wine Region:Peel
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Picnic Facilities,BBQ Facilities,Functions
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cases Produced:4000
An integral part of the Peel Region for over 40 years, the first vines at Peel Estate were planted in 1973. Owned and operated by Will Nairn, the winery features 12 acres of vines, and its unique coastal limestone soils and high-water table provide ideal viticulture conditions. Wines at Peel Estate are made onsite in the original architect-designed colonial style brick and timber winery, that visitors can observe from the rustic mezzanine tasting area. The winery Is surrounded by magnificent Tuart trees.
Established in 1973 by Will Nairn, Shiraz was the first variety planted followed by Chenin Blanc and Zinfandel in 1976 and Cabernet Sauvignon in 1979. Today, the extensive range also includes Verdelho, Chardonnay, Rose, Sparkling and Fortifieds.
Open daily from 10am-5pm, enjoy a wine tasting in the charming, rustic cellar door that overlooks the winemaking floor. Bring along a picnic and enjoy your favourite Peel Estate wine in the beautiful picnic grounds under the Tuart trees. During harvest in late-summer, lucky visitors may get to see grapes being crushed and pressed along with red wines fermenting.
From October to April, Peel Estate presents their popular Summer Music Series featuring a variety of family-friendly music days.
An intimate, family-owned, hand-tended vineyard spread across five-acres producing quality grapes for premium wines. Cellar door tastings available during weekends, or on weekdays by appointment only.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Shiraz,Verdelho,Fortified,Chenin Blanc,Sparkling,Tempranillo
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Open Weekends. Weekdays by Appointment Only.
- Wine Region:Peel
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Established 2001 - 2010
Situated in Karnup close to the towns of Rockingham, Mandurah and Baldavis, enjoy quality wine tasting in perfect tranquillity set amongst the Kangaroos, Kookaburras, Blue Jays and other native wildlife.
Owners Sally and David Case, known for their speciality Nebbiolo and Tempranillo wines, also produce Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Fortified Shiraz. The whiterange includes Chenin Blanc, Verdelho and Sparkling. The team believe that ‘quality wines begin in the vineyard’ and that their use of time intensive traditional methods enables meticulous care and expert craftsmanship to be infused into every bottle.
Art in the Vines events are held regularly in the grounds and cellar door tastings are open weekends and during the week by appointment.