Wheelchair Access Facilities Wineries in Mount Barker
Wineries in Mount Barker Porongurup Region
Since 2007 5 Star Halliday-rated with Riesling and Cabernet Sauvignon amongst the standouts, the Great Southern Region’s most northern vineyard, owned operated by the Sprigg Family. Aged Riesling WOW
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Riesling,Shiraz,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- Open Days/times:Open times 10am to 4.30pm, mainly during the week, see website for details
- Cases Produced:3000 cases
- Vineyards:6.9 hectares
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Dogs Welcome,Wheelchair Access
- Types & Styles:Estate Grown,Family Run,Hand Picked,Single Vineyard,Sustainably Produced
- Cellar Door Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Great Southern:Mount Barker,Frankland River
- Brands:Trevelen Farm
- Wheelchair Access:Yes, ramps to cellar door and bathroom.
Established on the Sprigg family farm halfway(50 kms from both) Kojonup and Mount Barker in 1993. Easily accessable off the Albany Highway on Weir Road. Second generation Ben and wife Louise now run the property which focuses on Riesling and Cabernet, with varieties Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Shiraz and Merlot also planted. Our winemaker James Kellie makes the wines at his Harewood Estate winery. From the onset, vintages of Trevelen Wines have received significant critical acclaim including the coveted 5 Red and Black Star James Halliday winery rating since 2007.
*Get a group together and book an aged Rielsing tasting. 1998 to present vintage.
Just 30 minutes north of Mount Barker and south of Kojonup, the Trevelen cellar door has a beautiful view of rolling vineyards and the picturesque Stirling Ranges. Current Release Tastings are available - Check our website to see when we are open , usually weekdays , really anytime by prior arrangement , ring ahead on 0418 361 052.
- [email protected]
An adorable, boutique vineyard, cellar door and café, making sweet to dry wines, gourmet lunches and cakes, overlooking the distant rolling hills of Mount Barker, amongst beautiful wildlife.
- Open Days/times:Fri to Sun 10am to 4pm
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Shiraz,Fortified,Rosé,Tawny
- Winemaker:Wignall Wines - Mick Perkins/Rob Wignall
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Functions,Restaurant,Dogs Welcome,Wheelchair Access
- Size & Year:Established 2001 - 2010,Micro (1-999 cases)
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Great Southern:Mount Barker
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Dinner Open:Friday
Bordered by the breathtaking Porongurup Ranges and the historic St Werburgh's Chapel, John and Jan Fletcher’s friendly winery and cafe grows a range of regional, dry to sweet table wines. The varieties include Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Rose and sweet and dry Chardonnays. Visitors are welcome to wander in the estate's garden, view the old farm implements and discover the range of unique gifts and artisan offerings at the cosy cellar door.
The cellar door is homely and sweet, offering wine tastings or wines by the glass or bottle to be enjoyed within the stunning grounds.
There’s also a cosy cafe overlooking beautiful established gardens, vines and the rolling hills of Mount Barker. The menu features gluten free gourmet lunches, sweet treats and delicious coffees alongside tipples of premium Windrush wines on the deck, gazebo or spacious grass areas. Open Friday to Sunday and Monday public holidays from 10am - 4pm.