Thursday Lunch Open Wineries in Millendon
Wineries in Millendon
An ambient, welcoming winery founded by one of WA’s premier culinary families, offering flavourful, generous wine styles and a varied, seasonal and delicious menu.
- Wine Variety:Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Sparkling Shiraz,Pinot Noir,Fortified,Cabernet Sauvignon,Shiraz,Rosé,Dessert,Chardonnay,Malbec,Riesling,Pinot Gris
- Open Days/times:Thu to Sun 10am to 5pm
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Vineyards:2 hectares
- Winemaker:Digby Leddin
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Functions,Restaurant
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday,Thursday,Friday,Holidays
- Lunch Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Cases Produced:7000 cases
Lamont's began in the Swan Valley in the late 1970s. These days the family also operates a collection of acclaimed restaurants and cafes around WA, in Perth, Cottesloe and Margaret River.
The Lamont family began winemaking when founder Corin Lamont joined with her father Jack Mann to make wines for the family following Jack’s retirement. Jack Mann was an Australian winemaking legend who led the way at Swan Valley’s icon estate, Houghton, for over 50 years.
Lamont's has adapted over the years to create a genuine experience for both enjoying and learning about wines. The designated tasting area has a warm winery ambience and a friendly atmosphere making it a great place to spend time in the Valley. The wine list is quite diverse with over 15 wines including sparkling, dry and sweet whites and reds, and an outstanding range of fortifieds. Casual group wine tastings start from $10 per person from groups of 10 to 60 people.
Lamont's is known widely for their tapas-sized dishes that are designed to share. Tip: The Duck Parfait and Tempura Battered “Shark Bay” Whiting Fillets are classic dishes its loyal diners love! There is also a kid’s menu and tempting dessert selection. The deluxe Wine Tasting and Sit Down Rolling Tapas Lunch offers exceptional value, from just $60 per person. Open Thursday to Sunday, 10am to 5pm.
5 Black Stars & 2015 ‘Dark Horse Winery’ with 6 wines rated 94 points and above.
- [email protected]
- 08 9296 4539
The heritage of WA’s oldest winery, four-generations of family ownership and the ‘dream’ cellar door including a decadent cheese emporium, makes for one unmissable Swan Valley experience.
- Wine Variety:Brut,Cabernet,Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Chenin Verdelho,Classic Dry White,Gewurztraminer,Grenache,Grenache Shiraz,Malbec,Merlot,Method Traditionale,Muscat,Petit Verdot,Pinot Gris,Tawny,Tempranillo,Verdelho,Viognier,Sparkling,Fortified,Rosé,Dessert,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Shiraz,Shiraz Cabernet,Sparkling Rose,Sparkling Shiraz
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door: Mon to Sun 10am to 5pm, restaurant: Mon - Tue 10am to 5pm, Wed - Sun 10am to 5pm
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant
- Lunch Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Vineyards:24 acre
- Winemaker:Anthony Yurisich
- Size & Year:Established 1800 - 1850
The Olive Farm property dates back to 1829 and was established by an English botanist named Thomas Waters who brought grapevine cuttings and olive trees with him when he settled in Perth. He planted the olive trees first, hence the name, but wine was soon produced, with the first vintage in 1834. (Much of which became currency for bartering with the local shopkeepers!)
In 1933, Ivan Yurisich purchased the property. He had immigrated from Yugoslavia at the turn of the century and after working in the Goldfields and outback of WA, decided to try his hand at winemaking. The property has remained in the family for four generations.
Historically, The Olive Farm made fortified wines which were sold by the cask to the Goldfields in Western Australia. The winery become one of the first in WA to produce Traditional Method Sparkling wines back in the 1960s. These remain a core of range which is now named ‘Olivine’.
Still table wines were introduced in the 1970s and achieved great success in the local wine shows. The current range is diverse, with over 35 sweet to dry white, red, sparkling and fortified wines. There are all the Swan Valley classics, along with some other surprise varieties like Tempranillo, Traminer, Durif and Cabernet Franc.
The Yurisich family built their ‘dream’ winery and cellar door in 2007. It is set on a 24-acre property in the heart of the Swan Valley and has received significant awards for its architecture and interior design. Visitors are welcome to sample from the full range of wines, with tastings available 10am – 5pm daily. A walking tour of the vineyard and winery can be booked in advance, it begins at 10.30am.
Unique Highlights: The Cheese
Taste and graze from a selection of over 75+ different international and local benchmark cheeses at the family’s Cheese Barrel Café. Just metres from the cellar door, this architecturally-designed gem of a property is a place of wine and cheese-lovers’ dreams. The all-day menu is both flexible and generous, with cheeseboards starting from $35-$40. Free cheese tastings are available too. They are best experienced between 10am and 1pm before it gets too busy. Families, children and even dogs are welcome.
The Cheese Barrel Café is open 10am – 5pm Monday and Tuesday, and 10am-5pm Wednesday to Sunday.