Thursday Lunch Open Wineries in Middle Swan
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Middle Swan
Located on the stunning banks of the Swan River, Nikola Estate formerly 'Houghtons' is one of Australia’s oldest, most iconic estates, with vineyard plantings dating back to 1930.
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Vermentino,Shiraz,Sparkling,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon
- Open Days/times:5 days 11am-4pm
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Lunch Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Wednesday
- Cases Produced:4000
- Facilities:Restaurant,Wheelchair Access,Cellar Door,Functions
- Size & Year:Established 1901 - 1950
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
Nikola Estate is the new name of the former 'Houghton' winery site, which when purchased by the Yukich family ,help them to realise a long-held dream of returning the grounds and winery of Swan Location 11 to WA hands.
With the christening of the historic winery and grounds in tribute to their grandfather, Nikola, the Yukich family continues it's passion and dedication for elegant premium wines and delicious foods.
Crafted by Australia's second oldest winery, our wines have a heritage of passion and exceptional quality. We endeavour to highlight the best of each variety where the final wine is superior to it's component parts.
The fruit is sourced locally and from every major premium wine region in Western Australia and reflects the places in which they were grown.This is our objective as the Nikola wine portfolio expands.
The light and airy cellar door is surrounded by lush gardens,stately pines and blooming Jacaranda Trees when in season. We offer wine tastings Wednesday to Sunday from 11am-4pm. Wine is available for purchase, take-home or delivery Australia wide and internationally.
In addition we have 2 extra large function spaces for tour groups, however advance bookings are required.
An onsite museum showcases historical winemaking items . You can also see the place where a legendary local bushranger, ‘Moondyne Joe’ was captured in 1869. An extra special time to visit is between November to January for a photo with the property’s magnificent Jacaranda trees, which blossom with beautiful purple flowers over this time.
- [email protected]
- (08) 9374 8000
A day at Oakover is a delightful way to spend some time with the family in a relaxed environment with picturesque views over the grounds.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Fortified,Rose,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Tempranillo,Vermentino,Classic Dry White,Merlot,Verdelho,Viognier,Cabernet,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Malbec,Muscat,Petit Verdot,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz
- Open Days/times:Restaurant: Wed – Sun, Breakfast from 8am & Lunch from 11:30am | Cellar Door: Wed – Sun 11:00am - 3:30pm
- Breakfast Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Kids Play Area,Functions,Cellar Door,Light Food
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Lunch Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Choose to dine in their eclectic industrial style restaurant or on the patio while you partake in an afternoon of coffee, wine and a bite to eat. Plus, their kitchen serves the best local produce designed with you in mind. Children aren't forgotten with a range of kids meals that will satisfy even the smallest of mouths.
There is plenty of entertainment for the kids - with the chance to cruise the lake with our free paddle boats, play the Giant Connect Four, engage in a round of totem tennis, or take on the other kids with a game of backyard cricket. If more of a challenge is needed, ask one of our staff for our Nature Hunt activity - it's great after lunch fun or just let them run in the wide open spaces.