Things To Do in Middle Swan
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Attractions in Middle Swan
- [email protected]
- (08) 9250 5422
Discover how Western Australia’s unique Canefire spirit is made.
- Open days/Times:Sat & Sun 12.00pm, 1.00pm, 2.00pm & 3.00pm
- Tour Duration:45 min
- Suited For:Adults (18+),Seniors
- Tour Capacity:Booking required for 10 or more participants
- Tour Locations:Great Northern Distilling
- Open Days:Saturday,Sunday
Discover the story behind Canefire, which has been developed, grown, owned, made and bottled in Western Australia. Even though it’s made from a rum-like brew of sugar (called a patch) Canefire isn’t harsh like rum made from molasses. This unique spirit started life as sugarcane growing in the Ord River Valley around Kununurra in the Kimberley region of Western Australia.
You’ll be guided through the distilling and manufacturing process, learn about the origins of this famous brew and try some samples of this famous drop along the way.