Light Food Facilities Wineries in Metricup
Wineries in Metricup
A family-friendly estate with expansive grounds, special kids’ facilities and massive cellar door serving superb wines from Margaret River and Frankly River, and home of WA’s South-West Beer Festival
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Sauvignon Blanc,Cabernet Merlot,Classic Dry White,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Shiraz,Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Open Days/times:7 days a week 10am-5pm
- Facilities:Light Food,Restaurant,Functions,Kids Play Area
- Breakfast Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Monday,Sunday,Holidays
- Size & Year:Medium (50,000-499,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Lunch Open:Holidays,Monday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Margaret River:Wilyabrup
- Cases Produced:160 000 cases
3 Oceans make wines from two premium vineyards in Margaret River and Frankland River (Great Southern region of WA). Under senior winemaker, Ben Roodhouse, their style is defined by intensity, finesse, structure, and distinctive fruit qualities. Their huge, family-friendly cellar door is the perfect place to discover the world of WA’s extraordinary southern wine regions.
3 Oceans Winemaking philosophy is simple; grow great fruit, nurture it through fermentation and maturation to bottle and let the vineyard terroir express itself in the wines. The range includes everything from easy drinking to ultra-premium Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay.
The cellar door is one of the largest in the region and set up especially for kids, families and large groups. Complimentary tastings of over 10 wines are available every day from 10am to 5pm. Group tastings can be booked in advance and are required for large groups of 50+ people.
The café is open daily from 9am for breakfast and lunch and serves casual fare through to restaurant style seafood dishes, including the famous South-West marron. Locally-sourced Yahava Coffee is available with cakes and a kids menu.
Kids will love their own designated hang-out zone which includes video games, toys, chalkboards and outdoor sports equipment. The grounds are large enough for a game of cricket!
Visiting in March? 3 Oceans is the home of the South West Craft Beer Festival, a lively day offering the opportunity to discover 120+ local brews from 20+ breweries, wineries and cideries based between Mandurah and Denmark.
Planted with Margaret River’s most diverse range of grape varieties, discover this organic, single-vineyard’s classic and curio wines at its period cottage tasting room, with unique heritage views.
- Wine Variety:Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Verdelho,Viognier,Zinfandel,Botrytis Riesling,Cabernet,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Merlot,Petit Verdot,Tawny,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Merlot Blend,Dessert,Sparkling,Rosé,Brut,Cabernet Malbec,Grenache,Malbec,Marsanne,Fortified
- Open Days/times:Mon to Sat 10am to 5pm
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Holidays
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Picnic Facilities,Dogs Welcome,Wheelchair Access,Organic (Certified),Light Food
- Lunch Open:Wednesday,Tuesday,Holidays,Saturday,Thursday,Friday,Monday
- Types & Styles:Estate Grown,Single Vineyard,Sustainably Produced,Family Run,Organic
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Vineyards:Single-vineyard with 56ha of vines.
- Winemaker:Dave Longden
- Brands:The Bartondale, St Johns, Estate Range, Silverleaf
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
- Margaret River:Treeton
- Cases Produced:45000 cases