Karridale Margaret River Wineries in Metricup
Wineries in Metricup
From a vineyard surrounded by Marri Trees in Karridale, southern Margaret River, Flinders Bay makes focused collection of award-winning regional wines.
- Wine Variety:Verdelho,Dessert,Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Malbec,Merlot,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Shiraz
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Small (5,000-49,999 cases)
- Margaret River:Karridale
- Facilities:No Cellar Door
- Cases Produced:15000 cases
- Vineyards:50 hectares
Flinders Bay makes its wines from their vineyard in Karridale, located nearby Flinders bay, where the climate is distinctly cooler. Scientific data suggests it may be Western Australia’s coolest grape growing area. The vineyard is planted with Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Malbec. The vineyard is run with the sole focus of growing the highest quality grapes and natural farming methods are utilised where possible.
Over 10 different wines are made, including dry to sweet still whites, a rosé, reds and a traditional method NV sparkling. The wines are available through local retailers.
No cellar door.