Classic Dry White Wine Variety Wineries in Margaret River
Wineries in Margaret River
A Margaret River pioneer, with wines ranking alongside the world's finest, Leeuwin Estate celebrates fine wine, food, art and music at its award-winning restaurant, winery, cellar door and gallery.
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Classic Dry White,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Shiraz,Brut,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Cabernet Sauvignon
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: open daily 10am to 5pm, Restaurant: Open for lunch Friday - Tuesday
- Facilities:Functions,Cellar Door,Gallery,Restaurant,Wheelchair Access
- Cellar Door Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Holidays
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday
- Margaret River:Wallcliffe
- Dinner Open:Saturday
- Cases Produced:50,000 cases
- Vineyards:121 hectares
- Winemaker:Tim Lovett, Phil Hutchison and Breac Wheatley
Family-owned Leeuwin Estate, one of the five founding wineries of the now famous Margaret River wine region, is under the stewardship of three generations, who work with a team of highly skilled winemakers to consistently produce wines ranking alongside the world's finest.
In 1972, legendary Napa Valley winemaker, Robert Mondavi, identified the future site of the Leeuwin vineyard as being ideal for the production of premium wine and provided early mentorship to Denis and Tricia Horgan in the transformation of their cattle farm into Leeuwin Estate. Enjoying its first commercial vintage in 1979, Leeuwin was thrust into the international spotlight when Decanter Magazine gave its highest recommendation to the 1981 "Art Series" Chardonnay. The international accolades have continued and Leeuwin now exports to 30 markets. Celebrating the combination of fine wine, food, art and music, Leeuwin features an award-winning restaurant, cellar door and art gallery. The Estate is renowned for staging spectacular events and welcoming visitors from around the world.
With a focus on Margaret River’s hero wine varieties, the Leeuwin Estate Art Series, Prelude and Siblings labels are regional benchmarks and share a place amongst the great wines of Australia, receiving ongoing international acclaim and attention.
Taste the range daily from 10am – 5pm at Leeuwin's cellar door. Alternatively, discover more of Leeuwin Estate story with a host of tour experiences. A range of tours operate and can be booked in advance.
Overlooking a meadow surrounded by forest and majestic karri trees, Leeuwin features an award-winning restaurant, pairing exceptional seasonal produce from WA with its wines, including special museum-release vintages. Enjoy Chef's Daily Three-Course Menu, or the outstanding six-course Tasting Menu. Open for lunch Friday - Tuesday inclusive.
The Leeuwin Estate Art Gallery exhibits works by Australian artists, including many of the original paintings that feature on its icon Art Series wine labels.
Described as one of Australia’s most extraordinary concerts, The Leeuwin Concert is one of Margaret River’s most famous events. Since 1985, it has attracted an enviable list of international performers from Ray Charles to Diana Ross, Sting, James Taylor and Simply Red. Held annually in February and March, visit the Leeuwin Estate website for ticket information.
Short on time? Take a day trip from Perth aboard a private charter flight to Leeuwin Estate's private airstrip.
5 Red Stars
- [email protected]
- 0403 754 137
Bret Hutchinson established his 30 hectare Margret River vineyard in 1998, which now produces six quality wines. Proving there's no EDGE to his passion.
- Wine Variety:Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Chardonnay,Shiraz,Cabernet Merlot,Classic Dry White,Rosé
- Open Days/times:No Cellar Door
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
- Vineyards:30 hectares
- Facilities:No Cellar Door