Gewurztraminer Wine Variety Wineries in Margaret River Central
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Margaret River Central
- [email protected]
- +61 (08) 9382 2379
Halliday’s wine maker of the year (XXXX) and Australian Winery of the Year & Best Value Winery (2011, 2017), making site-driven wines from six speciality vineyards, with modern cellar door.
- Wine Variety:Botrytis Riesling,Cabernet,Cabernet Malbec,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Gewurztraminer,Grenache,Grenache Shiraz,Malbec,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Shiraz Cabernet,Syrah,Sparkling,Rose,Dessert,Merlot,Merlot Blend,Merlot Cabernet,Pinot Chardonnay,Pinot Gris,Pinot Noir,Riesling
- Wine Region:Greater Perth
- Open Days/times:Cellar door (winter): Tue to Sat 11am to 6pm, Sun & Mon 11am to 5pm; (summer) Daily 10am to 6pm
- Facilities:Appointment Only,Functions,Gallery,Picnic Facilities
- Cases Produced:8000
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday
- Size & Year:Established 2001 - 2010,Small (5,000-49,999 cases)
- Margaret River:Wilyabrup
- Winemaker:Larry Cherubino, Andrew Siddell, Matt Buchan
In response to COVID-19, Larry Cherubino Wines are providing free delivery for all online orders in March and April 2020. For every online order they are giving a $49 voucher to put towards your next one.
One of WA’s most awarded winemakers, Larry Cherubino Wines makes an expressive range from a collection of estate-owned vineyards in Margaret River, Pemberton and the Great Southern (Frankland River, Mount Barker and Porongurup areas). The label began in Frankland River in 2004 when Larry and wife, Edwina purchased an historic property called Riversdale. The inaugural 2005 vintage wines were made in the family’s spare room! These days they are made in a well-equipped winery in Margaret River.
Larry Cherubino Wines was named James Halliday’s Australian Winery of the Year in 2011, and also Australia’s Best-Value Winery by Halliday in 2017. Winemaker Larry Cherubino has a string of Winemaker of the Year nominations with leading Australian and UK wine media.
Following the belief that great wines are made in the vineyard, Larry Cherubino Wines are made from six specialty vineyards in Western Australia’s leading south-west wine regions. The wines are estate-grown and the vineyards follow a mix of principles from the schools of organics and traditional farming with the aim to encourage the vines to exist in a healthy ecosystem, for plant health. The range has a characterful selection of site-driven examples of Riesling and Chardonnay, alongside alternative varieties including Fiano and Pinot Blanc. Classic Cabernet and Shiraz are made too.
Enjoy a seasonal range of wines for tasting at all times alongside a selection of cellar door exclusives. An enomatic machine holds a curated range of rare back vintage wines which can be enjoyed as educational (and highly enjoyable) flights. Private tastings in the board room or barrel room can be booked in advance for groups. Antipasti and dinners are available by special arrangement.
If you want a good laugh, ask Larry about the dog in the bedroom incident. It all happened to a mate of his apparently!!
5 Red Stars
Visit the Margaret River cellar door to taste a treasure map of exciting wines made from vineyard gems throughout WA’s South-West, then to Dunsborough to feast at their esteemed new restaurant, Yarri.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Gewurztraminer,Pinot Gris,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Syrah,Mourvedre,Rose,Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Grenache,Merlot,Petit Verdot,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Shiraz,Tempranillo
- Open Days/times:11am to 5pm daily (11am to 4pm May - September)
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Cellar Door Open:Holidays,Wednesday,Monday,Tuesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Margaret River:Wilyabrup
- Facilities:Dogs Welcome,Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases)
- Cases Produced:7000 cases
- Winemaker:Tony Davis
Snake & Herring views Western Australia’s South-West wine regions like a treasure map with vineyard jewels scattered throughout. With this philosophy founders Redmond “Herring” Sweeny and Tony “Snake” Davis road trip around, finding remarkable and interesting grapes to make their award-winning wines.
Snake & Herring is known for its exciting and eclectic wine range that loves celebrating overlooked styles and regions. The delicious and memorable hand-picked wines focus on natural fermentation and minimal additions to be unique and site-expressive. There is a kaleidoscope of styles including various Great Southern Rieslings, Pinot Noirs and a Grenache Rose, and a mix of Margaret River Sauvignon Blanc Semillon, Chardonnay and Cabernet blends.
A simple, laidback, unpretentious space to enjoy some remarkable wine, the cellar door is located on Caves Road, about 15 minutes’ drive north of Margaret River town. Wine tastings are available daily from 11am to 5pm. (11am to 4pm during Winter.)
Snake & Herring’s Yarri Restaurant has fast-become a hotspot dining in the south-west dining. It is located in Dunsborough and headed by one of WA’s most highly awarded chefs, Aaron Carr. The menu features only local produce and is inspired by the six seasons of the Noongar people and country, with all ingredients sourced sustainably and thoughtfully.
5 Red Stars