Fortified Wine Variety Wineries in Manjimup
Wineries in Manjimup
- [email protected]
- (08) 9772 4255
Taste highly acclaimed Pinot Noir, Verdelho, Merlot and more from a boutique Manjimup wineries that is reimagining cool-climate wines in WA from their modern cellar door.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Verdelho,Sparkling,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Fortified,Rosé,Dessert
- Open Days/times:Open Mon to Fri, weekends by appointment
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Light Food
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
- Cases Produced:15, 000
- Vineyards:40 hectares
- Winemaker:David Dowden
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
What began as a passion for wine in 1987 for Vic Kordic has blossomed into an impressive operation with an award-winning wine range. Sons Mark and Paul Kordic now head the vineyard and make cool climate estate-grown and bottled wines with elegant and unique character from their boutique operation.
The wines have a great depth of flavour and texture born from sensitive winemaking and fermentation with natural yeast in the Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs, reflective of Manjimup’s ideal growing conditions. The award-winning range also includes Verdelho, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz and a Sparkling Merlot.
The modern cellar door offers samples of Chestnut wines alongside their Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Verjuice from Monday-Friday 10am-4pm, and on weekends by appointment only.
Enjoy award-winning wines and food infused with the distinct and unique flavour of truffles, plus experience one of the world’s only guided ‘truffle hunt tours’.
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: 10am to 4pm, daily. Restaurant: 11am to 3pm, daily
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Fortified,Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Gris,Pinot Noir,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Shiraz
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Brands:Truffle Hill Wines
- Cases Produced:4000 cases
- Vineyards:9 hectares
- Winemaker:Ben Haines and Mark Aitken
- Lunch Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Facilities:Restaurant,Functions,Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
The Truffle & Wine Co. has grown from humble beginnings in 1997 to become Australia’s most significant truffle grower, contributing around 60% of the nation’s annual production, which is mostly exported.
It’s easy to feel like you’re in the heart of France when entering this truffle farm and vineyard. Vines, orchards and misty valleys provide a beautiful setting in which to enjoy award-winning wines at the Cellar Door, along with food infused with the distinct and unique flavour of truffles in the Restaurant.
The wine range comprises mostly dry table wines that are elegant in style. There’s a sparkling Shiraz and Shiraz Liqueur too. All wines can be tasted at the Cellar Door which is open 10am – 4pm daily.
The Truffle Restaurant serves lunch daily, showcasing a menu of rustic, local fare to showcase the truffles and award-winning wines in the most spectacular manner. Bookings are recommended.
The Truffière is the largest cultivator of the gourmet French black truffle in the southern hemisphere and the Wine & Truffle Co is one of the few Truffières in the world where you can participate in the excitement of a guided ‘truffle hunt’. Experience the excitement of a guided ‘truffle hunt tour’ and search for the elusive ‘Black Diamond”. Tours operate during truffle season from June to August.