Tempranillo Wine Variety Wineries in Manjimup Area
Wineries in Manjimup Area
Experience a vibrant and evolving range of exciting regional wines at the warm and friendly cellar door of Manjimup locals; Mark and Tracey Aitken.
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Franc,Merlot,Merlot Cabernet,Pinot Noir,Rosé,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Shiraz Cabernet,Sparkling Shiraz,Tempranillo,Viognier,Sparkling
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Thursday to Saturday 10.30am to 4.30pm and Sunday 12.30-5.00pm
- Cases Produced:2000
- Size & Year:Established 2001 - 2010
- Cellar Door Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Vineyards:5 hectare estate vineyard and 2 hectare leased vineyard
- Winemaker:Mark Aitken
Established in 2006, Woodgate Wines owned and operated by the Aitken family. Winemaker Mark Aitken has spent the last ten years making wine in the Pemberton and Manjimup districts at nearby Chestnut Grove Wines and also as a self-employed winemaking consultant.
The wine portfolio is constantly changing with fruit sourced from the 5-hectare estate vineyard and selected parcels from local growers to make a range that is fresh, vibrant and individualistic.
Woodgate's extensive range includes Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Tempranillo, Shiraz, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon reds, Sauvignon Blanc Semillon, Viognier and Sauvignon Blanc whites, and two sparkling wines; Brut Cuvee and Shiraz.
Taste the wines in the unhurried, relaxed atmosphere of the recently opened cellar door, which often includes the special opportunity to meet and chat with Mark. Open 10am-4:30pm Thursday-Saturday, and 12:30-4:30pm Sunday.