Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Variety Wineries in Manjimup Area
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Manjimup Area
- [email protected]
- 08 9772 1378
This 5 Star Halliday Winery draws on over 100 years of viticulture ancestry from Macedonia to make memorable wines from a third-generation family farm, set beside Manjimup’s towering Karri forests.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Pinot Noir,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz
- Open Days/times:No Cellar Door
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Cases Produced:12 000
- Vineyards:36.8 Hectares
- Winemaker:Coby Ladwig, Michael Ng
- Facilities:No Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Manjimup has been home to the Macedonian-born Peos family for more than 80 years. They were attracted to the land by its rich soils and ideal crop-growing weather and their farm has grown everything from dairy cattle to beef, mixed horticulture, potatoes cauliflowers and beans.
Brothers Vic, John, Kon and Chris planted vines to establish Peos Estate in 1996 as a legacy to their late father Jim and have had great success with their memorable, world-class, estate-grown range made from the 90 acre property. The brothers work hard to keep family traditions alive and ensure Peos Estate follows the customs that were passed down by their late father and grandfather.
The ranges include Four Aces, Four Kings and Four Jacks and include cool climate examples of Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Cabernet Merlot, Pinot Noir, Verdelho and Sauvignon Blanc. Wines can be purchased online or at stockists throughout WA.
Enjoy award-winning wines and food infused with the distinct and unique flavour of truffles, plus experience one of the world’s only guided ‘truffle hunt tours’.
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: 10am to 4pm, daily. Restaurant: 11am to 3pm, daily
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Fortified,Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Gris,Pinot Noir,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Shiraz
- Lunch Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant,Functions
- Brands:Truffle Hill Wines
- Cases Produced:4000 cases
- Vineyards:9 hectares
- Winemaker:Ben Haines and Mark Aitken
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
The Truffle & Wine Co. has grown from humble beginnings in 1997 to become Australia’s most significant truffle grower, contributing around 60% of the nation’s annual production, which is mostly exported.
It’s easy to feel like you’re in the heart of France when entering this truffle farm and vineyard. Vines, orchards and misty valleys provide a beautiful setting in which to enjoy award-winning wines at the Cellar Door, along with food infused with the distinct and unique flavour of truffles in the Restaurant.
The wine range comprises mostly dry table wines that are elegant in style. There’s a sparkling Shiraz and Shiraz Liqueur too. All wines can be tasted at the Cellar Door which is open 10am – 4pm daily.
The Truffle Restaurant serves lunch daily, showcasing a menu of rustic, local fare to showcase the truffles and award-winning wines in the most spectacular manner. Bookings are recommended.
The Truffière is the largest cultivator of the gourmet French black truffle in the southern hemisphere and the Wine & Truffle Co is one of the few Truffières in the world where you can participate in the excitement of a guided ‘truffle hunt’. Experience the excitement of a guided ‘truffle hunt tour’ and search for the elusive ‘Black Diamond”. Tours operate during truffle season from June to August.