Travel Services in Laverton
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Information Centres in Laverton
The Great Beyond Visitor Centre - Home of the Explorers’ Hall of Fame. Come in and browse our gift shop and enjoy a coffee in the Horizon’s Café.
- Type:Visitor Centres
Explorers’ Hall of Fame
Complementing the rich visual history of the Northern Goldfields, the Great Beyond Explorers’ Hall of Fame utilises cutting edge technology to bring to life the characters and stories of the past.
Step back in time with several notable explorers, who led challenging expeditions through Central Australia during the mid to late 19th Century, as they recount their stories of hardship and bravery.
Discover what it was like for women and pioneers, living and working on the Goldfields during the pioneer days, and learn about the valuable industries that sustain our inland.
Other features of the Great Beyond Visitor Centre:
• Issue Entry Permits to Aboriginal Lands (WA and NT)
• Issue National Parks Passes (to all National Parks across WA)
• Book tickets for Goldfields Express and Goldrush Tours
• Extensive range of Maps and Guidebooks
• Huge range of locally made products, including Laverton Opals, gold nuggets/jewellery, art and beauty products
• Unique collection of history books of the Laverton, Ngaanyatjarra and Goldfields areas
• Large range of brochures for the Northern Goldfields area (Main contact point for Tourism Northern Goldfields)
• Wide range of hot and cold drinks, cakes and slices, in the Horizons Café
• Accredited Visitor Centre through the National Tourism Accreditation Program
• Accredited Tourism Business through Tourism Council Western Australia
• Member of the Visitor Centre Association of Western Australia