Monday Cellar Door Open Wineries in Kendenup
Wineries in Kendenup
- [email protected]
- 08 9851 4028
Join four generation farming family, the Gilberts at the apple shed turned cellar door of their 5 Star Halliday winery near Mount Barker, for distinct regional wines and tasty farm-grown platters.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Riesling,Shiraz,Rosé
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Fri to Mon 10am to 5pm
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Light Food,Restaurant
- Lunch Open:Monday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Great Southern:Mount Barker
- Cases Produced:3500 cases
- Vineyards:25.81 hectares
- Winemaker:Andrew Vesey and Caitlin Gazey
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Established by the third generation of local farming family, the Gilberts. Jim and Bev planted vines in 1985 and the wine operation has grown from strength to strength, now operated by two of their children, Clinton and Matthew. Grapes grown on the property have been carefully selected to match the Great Southern’s climate and soil profile of the estate.
The multi award-winning, estate grown wine range focuses on regional hero varieties, Riesling, Chardonnay, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Established in the old apple packing shed, the cellar door first opened in 1990. Rich in history and character, the space is unique environment to sample and enjoy award-winning Gilbert wines. Open Friday to Monday 10am - 5pm.
Located beside the cellar door, The Gilbert Wines café (one of the first in the region) is paddock to plate in style, showcasing produce from the Mount Barker wine region on seasonal platters and cheese boards. Much of the menu is grown on the property and in the café’s culinary garden. Open Friday to Monday from 10am - 5pm.
The estate also produces prime lamb (for both the export and domestic markets) and a variety of stone fruits including apricots, plums, peaches and nectarines.