Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Variety Wineries in Henley Brook
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Henley Brook
- [email protected]
- (08) 9296 6090
Enjoy one of the Perth’s best restaurants and premium food and wine experiences in the valley, a stunning rural setting and floor to ceiling panoramic views of the Darling Ranges.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Open Days/times:Restaurant: Open 7 days per week for lunch - 11.30 - til close. Evenings - Friday & Saturday Diners - 5pm - til close.
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Dessert,Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Classic Dry White,Merlot,Muscat,Rose,Shiraz,Sparkling
- Lunch Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Dinner Open:Friday,Saturday
- Cases Produced:3000 cases
- Size & Year:Micro (1-999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant
- Winemaker:Rob Marshall
- Established:Purchased in 1998
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Black Swan Winery and Restaurant sits on a property formerly known as “Gidney’s Corner”.
Husband and wife team, Barry Scrivener and Robyn Meloury purchased Black Swan in 1998 and converted the property to a “restaurant within a winery”. The venue is purposely built for guests to capture fantastic views of vineyards, the Darling Ranges and adjacent rural surroundings. The design and building materials reflect a style and blend of rustic Australian ambience.
The vines were mostly planted in 1941, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Shiraz, Merlot, Chenin & Chardonnay and later, Shiraz. The first vintage in 2001 reaped gold medals for the Cabernet Sauvignon and the Cabernet Franc at the 2002 Swan Valley Wine Show.
The panoramic views of the Darling Ranges are matched only by the fresh, seasonal produce on the menu, offering freshly-baked bread served with truffle oil to a drool-worthy red wine-braised beef cheek and seasonal delights. Chef’s gardens are established throughout of the property, providing much of the kitchen’s needs for organic herbs.
Visit one of the Swan Valley's best-kept secrets at this ambient winery producing premium wines alongside delicious wine-inspired burgers, Australian cafe favourites and seasonal pop-up music events.
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Merlot,Muscat,Shiraz,Verdelho,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Merlot
- Open Days/times:Sat & Sun 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Size & Year:Established 2011 - 2019
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday
- Brands:Swanbrook Winery
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Light Food,Restaurant
- Lunch Open:Saturday,Sunday
The winery's owners have extensive experience in the winemaking business, having worked in the industry for over 20 years (originally at Evans & Tate Winery). A boutique winery, Swanbrook produce wine for both the everyday consumer and the experienced wine connoisseur.
Swanbrook varieties include Chardonnay, Classic White, Verdelho, Chenin Blanc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Classic Red, Shiraz, Liqueur Port and Muscat. All wines can be tasted at the estate's cellar door, open weekends from 10am - 5pm.
Aside from the range of local wines produced, Swanbrook also offer delectable dishes consisting of a signature range of Shiraz beef burgers, Verdelho chicken burger and a Swan Brook Platter. The wine-infused sorbet and liqueur Muscat are also a must try!