Established 2001 - 2010 Size & Year Wineries in Harvey Area
Wineries in Harvey Area
Enjoy casual, friendly and informative tastings of a range of Geographe Wine Region’s most awarded estate-grown wines with owner Kim, in a rustic cellar door surrounded by Jarrah and Karri trees.
- Open Days/times:Weekends 11am- 5pm
- Wine Variety:Shiraz,Fortified,Cabernet Sauvignon,Petit Verdot
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Brands:The Skipworth Wine Co
- Cases Produced:1,000-1,499
- Vineyards:3 hectares
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday
- Winemaker:Kim Skipworth
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Picnic Facilities
Situated on the edge of the Darling Scarp near Yarloop, just over an hour south of Perth, the winery was established by Kim Skipworth in 1998. Since acquiring the property, Kim has constructed the cellar door and winery as well as hand-planting the many acres of vines.
Wine varieties include Sauvignon Blanc Semillon, Vino Bianco, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Shiraz and a Sparkling Shiraz. White Port, Liqueur Tokay and Brown Muscat are also produced.
Skipworth's casual and informative cellar door is operated by owner and winemaker Kim Skipworth on weekends from 11am - 5pm.