Tuesday Cellar Door Open Wineries in Glen Mervyn
Wineries in Glen Mervyn
Set amid the rolling hills of Glen Mervyn in the scenic Preston Valley, majestic, centuries old Blackbutt trees flank the entrance to this husband and wife run winery and cellar door.
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:7 days 11am to 5pm
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Zinfandel,Cabernet,Cabernet Shiraz,Muscat,Dessert,Fortified,Riesling,Shiraz,Durif
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Dogs Welcome,Picnic Facilities
- Vineyards:4.2 hectares
- Winemaker:Peter Stanlake, John Griffiths
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Micro (1-999 cases)
- Cases Produced:600
- Types & Styles:Estate Grown,Family Run,Single Vineyard
Bernice and Tony O’Connell planted their first vines in 1997 on the site of an old blue gum plantation on a farm that had been in the same family since the 1890s.
All wine is made from the estate’s 4.2 hectare vineyard and includes Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Durif, Chardonnay, Riesling, Moscato and Muscat Liqueur. The family philosophy is hands-on in the vineyard and minimal intervention in the winemaking. which allows the fruit to express itself in the bottle. Mandalay Estate has won a number of awards over the years including a four-star rating by James Halliday in the 2014 wine companion and Best Cabernet Sauvignon in the 2017 Geographe wine show and a Trophy for their Zinfandel at the Boutique Winemakers Awards, Sydney in 2019. The cellar door is open 7 days a week 11 am to 5 pm. Best to phone on weekdays to ensure we are on the property. 08 97322006. Or check website landing page. www.mandalayroad.com.au