Public Holidays Open Days Art Galleries & Museums in Fremantle Town
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Galleries in Fremantle
Leave the outside world behind as you immerse yourself in the incredible underwater world of sharks with our new exhibition at the WA Maritime Museum: Planet Shark: Predator or Prey.
- Open Days/times:Saturday 6 July – Sunday 10 November. Open daily 9.30am – 5pm
- Represented Artists:Planet Shark: Predator or Prey exhibition
- Museums:Maritime,Natural History,Other,Science
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
- Open Days:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Public Holidays
Leave the outside world behind as you immerse yourself in the incredible underwater world of sharks!
Our latest exhibition at the WA Maritime Museum will take you on a journey through millions of years of evolution, leaving you with a whole new level of respect for the ocean’s oldest and most effective predator.
Produced on a size and scale never seen in Australia before, Planet Shark includes awe-inspiring models of real sharks, an extraordinary collection of shark teeth and jaws, and extremely old and rare fossils—some up to 370 million years old.
This exhibition also includes a walk through gallery where you will be mesmerised by stunning HD projections of underwater shark footage.
Whether sharks fill you with fear or fascination, Planet Shark: Predator or Prey will have you captivated from start to finish. Don’t miss out on this unique experience for young and old alike!
WA Maritime Museum
Exhibitions runs: Saturday 6 July – Sunday 10 November
Open daily 9.30am – 5pm
Various ticket prices; group discounts available - and kids under 5 free!
Purchase your tickets now from museum.wa.gov.au/planet-shark
The Artisan Store Fremantle showcases local Western Australian artists, from our national treasures to our emerging talent. The largest range of local WA art work available in one gallery.
- Represented Artists:Jennifer Sulaj, Steve Baggott, Stephen Delaney, Felicity Peters, Demi McLeod, Brett BArker, Annemiek
- Galleries:Ceramics,Craft,Drawing,Furniture,Glass,Jewellery,Mixed Media,Painting,Photography,Pottery,Sculpture,Art Gallery,Textiles
- Open Days/times:Monday - Saturday 10am - 5.30pm, Sunday 11am - 4.30pm (Closed Good Friday, Anzac Day, 25th-26th Dece
- Open Days:Saturday,Sunday,Public Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
The Artisan Store Fremantle celebrates and nutures the talent and diversity of Western Australian artists, sharing their stories, artistry and vision of the world with you.
Situated in the heart of Fremantle, the store is home to a diverse collection of visual arts,encompassing paintings, printmaking, jewellery, ceramics, assemblage sculpture, textiles, glass, woodwork, and new technologies just to name a few.
When you walk through the doors of our High street store you will discover a curated gallery offering artists a unique opportunity to sell their work and receive in return a 100% of their sales.
The combination of such diversity and talent in one space gives you a priviledged access to a rare selection of distinctive and exceptional handmade objects from artists who are often difficult to find, a shopping experience that will inspire and delight shoppers of all curiosities.