Picnic Facilities Facilities Wineries in Frankland
Wineries in Frankland
- [email protected]
- (08) 9855 2378
Situated within the picturesque, undulating lands of Frankland River amidst farmland, forest and olive groves, this grand cellar door showcases a broad range of award-winning regional wines.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Shiraz,Malbec,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Sauvignon Blanc,Cabernet Merlot,Sparkling,Muscat,Rosé,Semillon,Mourvedre
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Facilities:Cellar Door,BBQ Facilities,Picnic Facilities
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Great Southern:Frankland River
- Vineyards:340 hectares
Located in Frankland River 90 kilometres from the coast amidst the Great Southern’s valleys and slopes, the Ferngrove site was selected in 1998. The vineyard is nestled in undulating farmland surrounded by olive groves, wheat, sheep and cattle which enable a sheltered environment to grow grapes, while it still receives the cooling ocean influence for elegant fruit.
Ferngrove Wines are known for their intense flavour, fine acid and tannins that are truly reflective of the Frankland River region style. A range of varieties are produced across multiple price brackets, delivering value at each level. Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz and Cabernet blends are the focus.
The winery is also the site of one of Australia’s largest winery solar power systems, using 696 panels to power all of its operations.
The grand Ferngrove Wines cellar door is situated among the stunning Stirling Ranges in Frankland River. Wine tastings are offered daily from 10am – 4pm.