Sunday Cellar Door Open Wineries in Frankland River
Wineries in Frankland Region
- [email protected]
- (08) 9855 2229
This third generation property in Frankland River is one of WA’s largest family owned and operated wineries and produces superb cool-climate wines with cellar door and accommodation.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Malbec,Merlot,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Shiraz,Viognier,Dessert,Rosé,Merlot Cabernet,Muscat
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Open Days/times:Daily 10am to 5pm. Closed Good Friday, the morning of ANZAC Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Tuesday
- Facilities:Accommodation,Cellar Door
- Great Southern:Frankland River
- Cases Produced:52000 cases
- Vineyards:106.16 hectares
- Size & Year:Medium (50,000-499,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Located just outside of the town of Frankland River, the Alkoomi estate is part of a 1220 acre family property, settled in 1946 by Sandy’s grandparents. The land was originally used for farming livestock and grain. In 1971, the first hectare of cabernet vines was planted and has since expanded to approximately 100ha and include shiraz, malbec, riesling and sauvignon blanc. The stone-walled cellar door overlooks the vineyards to the south and the vast landscape beyond. Open seven days a week, from 10am - 5pm, the cellar door also serves as a function centre for weddings and other large events.
The wine labels each feature the iconic Australian Grass Tree, and the icon wines are named after native Australian timbers: Wandoo, Blackbutt, Melaleuca and Jarrah.
Winemaker Andrew Cherry has been with the Hallett family since 2010 and has amassed an impressive collection of medals, trophies and high scores for the Alkoomi wines. The portfolio contains three separate ranges, the Icon wines (the best from each vintage), the Black Label wines (intended for mid-long term cellaring, premium fruit), and the White Label wines (intended for early drinking, short term cellaring). Varieties include riesling, sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, cabernet, malbec, shiraz and a selection of sweet wines (muscat, late harvest and a rose).
Taste the wines at the family run cellar door.
Alkoomi offers guest chalet accommodation on the property.
Five Red Stars