Tuesday Lunch Open Wineries in Ferguson Valley Area
Wineries in Ferguson Valley Area
- [email protected]
- (08) 97283007
A delightful boutique Vineyard beside the Ferguson River with, child-friendly lawns, a rammed-earth Cellar Door Restaurant and Events Centre with a 'bud to bottle' focus to produce award-winning wines
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Semillon,Cabernet,Cabernet Merlot,Tempranillo,Fortified,Muscat,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:Mon - Fri 11am to 4pm, Weekends 11am to 5pm
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Wednesday
- Geographe:Ferguson Valley
- Facilities:Light Food,Functions,Wheelchair Access,Cellar Door,Kids Play Area,BBQ Facilities,Picnic Facilities,Restaurant
- Lunch Open:Holidays,Tuesday,Wednesday,Monday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Vineyards:2.6 hectares
- Winemaker:Mark Messenger
- Cases Produced:1500
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
The 10 hectare property was purchased in 1991 by Phil and Mary Smith, who wished to partake in horticulture from a base nearby Bunbury where Phil works as an anaesthetist. The property was planted with citrus trees and table grapes, before they made the exciting progression to wine grapes on the estate in 1997. Subsequent plantings ensued . With focus on extraction and blending to craft the perfect wine, with minimal impact the team at Saint Aidan aim to create 'Art in a Bottle'.
Home grown varietals include Chardonnay, Cabernet, Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscat, Malbec and Tempranillo.
Nestled between the Sauvignon and Semillon vines and the Ferguson River is the rammed earth Cellar Door Restaurant. The building was sympathetically designed to blend in with the surroundings and reflect the design of the neighbouring Church from where the estate takes its name. Saint Aidan's award-winning wines can be sampled Monday to Friday 11am - 4pm, and weekends 11am - 5pm. A large range of homemade preserves like ‘Grandmas Tomato Relish’ are also available to purchase, as is a range of artwork from regional artists.
The Cellar Door Restaurant Menu focuses on the best seasonal offerings, using local ingredients wherever possible for soups, mains and sumptious desserts. The recently refurbished space can seat up to 60 guests in climate controlled comfort.
There are also picnic and gas barbecue facilities under the Peppermint trees at the estate, on the banks of the Ferguson River with plenty of space and family cricket games are welcomed!
St Aidan Wines also hosts a variety of Events throughout the year from their Summer Film on the Ferguson Outdoor Cinema to the iconic Annual Tempranillo Tasting Day in August.
The 150 seat Function Centre adjacent to the Cellar Door is an ideal Venue for Weddings, Corporate or other Special Events.