Established 2001 - 2010 Size & Year Wineries in Ferguson Valley Area
Wineries in Ferguson Valley Area
- [email protected]
- 0401 860 891
James Halliday’s 2018 Dark Horse, and 5 Star winery growing single-vineyard wines at a stunning property lined with Peppermint Trees upon the gentle hillside slopes of the Ferguson Valley.
- Open Days/times:No Cellar Door
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Malbec,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Rosé,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- Brands:Iron Cloud Wines
- Cases Produced:1,500-2,499
- Vineyards:14 hectares
- Winemaker:Michael Ng
- Facilities:No Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Geographe:Busselton / Capel
Warwick Lavis and Geoff and Karyn Cross purchased the then-named Peperilly Estate in 2003. Situated in the picturesque Ferguson Valley in the hills of Geographe wine region, the first vines were planted in 1999 on sloping hillsides; with superb red gravelly loam soils and full access to the coastal breeze of the Indian Ocean. West Australian Peppermint Trees line the Henty Brook, the natural water source for the estate's vineyard. Winemaker Michael Ng was born in China and worked vintages in Turkey, New Zealand and St-Emillon before returning to Western Australia.
The owners are committed to producing signature, terroir-driven wines that pair well with food. Varieties include Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Malbec, Grenache and Mourvedre, which are available to purchase online.
Winner of the WINE OF SHOW at the WA Boutique Wine Show two years in a row. Cellar Door now open!
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Malbec,Merlot,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Cabernet Malbec,Rosé,Shiraz,Zinfandel
- Open Days/times:Sat & Sun 11:00am-4:30pm or via appointment at any other time
- Brands:Talisman and Spook Rock
- Vineyards:10 hectares
- Facilities:Dogs Welcome,Light Food,Wheelchair Access,Cellar Door
- Types & Styles:Alternative wine styles,Estate Grown,Family Run,Hand Picked,Natural Wine,Single Vineyard,Sustainably Produced,Vegan or Vegetarian
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Size & Year:Established 2001 - 2010,Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases)
- Geographe:Ferguson Valley
- Winemaker:Peter Stanlake
- Wheelchair Access:Yes - gravel pathway
Situated in one of the most elevated areas of the Ferguson Valley, development of the Talisman vineyard began in 1999 by Kim and Jenny Robinson. The unique site is surrounded by the Wellington National Park, with select grape varieties matched with the property's soil types and sloping landscapes. The superb quality fruit of the vineyard, which is grown under the watchful eye of Victor Bertola, is complemented by the delicate style of acclaimed winemaker Peter Stanlake. The winery was notably awarded 'Small Producer of the Year' in 2017 by the West Australian Wine Guide.
Find is in the Upper Ferguson Valley, just around the corner from Gnomesville. Access to our cellar door is off Weetman Road in Wellington Mill. Our cellar door is currently open Saturday and Sunday 11-4:30pm and any other time via appointment - don't be shy!
Talisman's range includes Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Cabernet Malbec, Malbec, Zinfandel, Riesling and Merlot.