Shiraz Cabernet Wine Variety Wineries in Ferguson Valley Area
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Ferguson Valley Area
- [email protected]
- (08) 9384 6247
A little piece of paradise in the Ferguson Valley, voted as one of “The 10 best new wineries” in Australia and winner of the Gold plate Award for the best Restaurant in a Winery in Regional WA.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Merlot,Semillon,Shiraz,Shiraz Cabernet,Verdelho,Cabernet Merlot,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Tempranillo
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Geographe:Ferguson Valley
- Vineyards:12 hectares
- Lunch Open:Saturday,Sunday,Thursday,Friday
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases)
- Cellar Door Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Cases Produced:1500
Jeff and Kerry Ovens originally had eyes on Margaret River to start up their Vineyard, but found the prime land they were looking for in the Ferguson Valley. Originally a dairy farm for than 100 years, the land was perfect for a Vineyard and 15,000 rootling’s were planted in 1998.
In 2014 Hackersly won the Gold plate Award for the best Restaurant in a Winery in Regional WA. The restaurant and cellar door have a casual atmosphere and offer locally sourced food paired with tastings of fine wines. The restaurants and cellar door are open Thursday - Sunday from 10am to 4pm. Restaurant bookings are recommended. Look out for our Sunday Lunchtime Jazz sessions.