(All) Lunch Open Wineries in Wheatbelt
Wineries in Farmstay Country
Enjoy award-winning, single-vineyard organic and biodynamic wines from a rustic rammed- earth cellar door and art gallery surrounded by peaceful gardens and overlooking the Hotham Valley.
- Wine Variety:Botrytis Semillon,Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Semillon,Shiraz,Tempranillo,Zinfandel,Fortified,Rosé,Dessert,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Merlot,Tawny,Riesling,Sangiovese
- Wine Region:Central WA
- Open Days/times:Weekends and Public Holidays 12pm-5pm
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Picnic Facilities,Restaurant,Accommodation,Cellar Door,Functions,BBQ Facilities,Light Food
- Dinner Open:Saturday
- Lunch Open:Saturday
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cases Produced:3000
- Winemaker:Wouter Denig
Formerly Hotham Valley Estate, the vineyard was planted in 1988. Current owners Leonard Bruin and Wouter Denig converted the operation to follow strict organic and biodynamic practices in 2002. Situated at an altitude of 350 metres, the vineyards enjoy ideal growing conditions of hot summers and cool winters, evident in the wines which combine elegance, structure and vibrant fruit characters.
Hotham Ridge has won over 30 different medals and 11 trophies from various Australian wine shows since 2003.
Varieties include Chenin Blanc, Semillon, Riesling, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Shiraz, Tempranillo, Verdelho and Zinfandel. A Mistelle white port or Shiraz port are also available in winter.
Open from Friday-Sunday 11am-3pm, the rustic cellar door offers a stunning environment to discover the wines and learn about organic and biodynamic winemaking principles.
Check out the large rammed-earth barrel room that has been transformed into an art gallery with an industrial style. Ten different exhibitions are shown each year. Two self catered cottages are available in the Hotham Ridge property too.
Enjoy award-winning Wheatbelt wine and homely, country café dining at this quaint and friendly, rammed-earth and timber cellar door just 1.5 hours south-east of Perth.
- Open Days/times:Cellar door & cafe' open Fri-Sun
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Cabernet Sauvignon,Merlot,Semillon,Shiraz,Vermentino
- Wine Region:Peel
- Vineyards:5.5 hectares
- Winemaker:Reuben Steer
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
Tanglefoot is a family owned and operated vineyard located in Wandering, 1.5 hours south-east of Perth. The vines are over 20 years old and grape varieties grown include Semillon, Zinfandel Tintacao, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Primivito and Merlot. All available to purchase by the glass or bottle at the cellar door.
The rammed-earth cellar door is a highlight in itself, utilising local timbers, Jarrah, Sheoak and Salmon Gum for a homely, country ambience. Drop-in wine tastings are available, or stay a while and enjoy a delightful morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch at Tanglefoot’s Cafe . Open Friday to Sunday 10am - 5pm.