Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases) Size & Year Wineries in Wheatbelt
Wineries in Farmstay Country
Enjoy award-winning, single-vineyard organic and biodynamic wines from a rustic rammed- earth cellar door and art gallery surrounded by peaceful gardens and overlooking the Hotham Valley.
- Wine Variety:Botrytis Semillon,Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Merlot,Tawny,Riesling,Sangiovese,Semillon,Shiraz,Tempranillo,Zinfandel,Fortified,Rosé,Dessert
- Open Days/times:Weekends and Public Holidays 12pm-5pm
- Wine Region:Central WA
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Accommodation,Cellar Door,Functions,BBQ Facilities,Light Food,Picnic Facilities,Restaurant
- Dinner Open:Saturday
- Lunch Open:Saturday
- Cases Produced:3000
- Winemaker:Wouter Denig
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Formerly Hotham Valley Estate, the vineyard was planted in 1988. Current owners Leonard Bruin and Wouter Denig converted the operation to follow strict organic and biodynamic practices in 2002. Situated at an altitude of 350 metres, the vineyards enjoy ideal growing conditions of hot summers and cool winters, evident in the wines which combine elegance, structure and vibrant fruit characters.
Hotham Ridge has won over 30 different medals and 11 trophies from various Australian wine shows since 2003.
Varieties include Chenin Blanc, Semillon, Riesling, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Shiraz, Tempranillo, Verdelho and Zinfandel. A Mistelle white port or Shiraz port are also available in winter.
Open from Friday-Sunday 11am-3pm, the rustic cellar door offers a stunning environment to discover the wines and learn about organic and biodynamic winemaking principles.
Check out the large rammed-earth barrel room that has been transformed into an art gallery with an industrial style. Ten different exhibitions are shown each year. Two self catered cottages are available in the Hotham Ridge property too.