Art Galleries, Museums & Libraries in Esperance Coast
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Galleries in Esperance To Bremer Bay
View artwork by Tammy Andrews and special exhibiting guest artists.
- Galleries:Painting,Art Gallery
- Open Days/times:Monday - Friday 9am – 5pm, Saturday 9am-12noon
- Open Days:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,By Appointment Only
Located on the beautiful Esperance foreshore, the Cannery Arts Centre was built originally to be used as a Fish Cannery in 1949.
- Open Days:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
After serving as a car yard, a dance hall and a youth centre it was renovated in 1984 to its present state.
It is now a vibrant community arts centre delivering facilities, exhibitions, and workshops to the Esperance region and its visitors. The Cannery Arts Centre is a not-for-profit organisation run by a volunteer committee. This unique facility relies on fundraising, sponsorship and income from art sales and venue hire.
The Esperance Museum is an attraction to both locals and visitors to Esperance. It offers a glimpse into the history of Esperance and how the region has grown over the years.
- Open Days/times:Daily 1:30pm to 4:30pm | Other times by appointment
- Museums:Local History
The Esperance Museum houses a unique collection of memorabilia dating back to the 1800s. See a range of interesting feature displays covering the region's early pioneering history, maritime exhibits and farm machinery.
Be sure to check out the world's most comprehensive display of NASA Skylab memorabilia. Skylab was America's first space station which plummeted to the earth in 1979, landing to the northeast of Esperance.
The Esperance Museum is located in the old goods shed of what was the town's original railway marshalling yards. The old building, constructed soon after the turn of the century, is a significant icon in itself, a highlight being its magnificent old beams.
View the extensive range of historical photographs, the locomotive engine, a circa 1820 piano, along with an assortment of gear and life boat from the ship `Sanko Harvest' which is the largest dive wreck off the Australian coast.
Esperance is a one and a half hour flight or an eight hour drive south of Perth.
Child (Under 16) $3.50 | Concession $6.50 | Adult $8.50 | Family (2 Adults/2 Childrean) $20
- [email protected]
- (08) 9071 1579
The Municipal Museum is one of Western Australia's outstanding regional museums. Exhibits include the world's largest and most comprehensive Skylab display. Open Daily 1:30pm – 4:30pm.
- Museums:Science,Farming,Local History
- Historical Sites:Buildings
- Open Days:Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
Visit the working studio of awarded glass artist Cindy Poole. Browse the extensive range of glass artworks, objects, contemporary glass jewellery and corporate awards handcrafted on the premises, using both warm & cold glass techniques
- Galleries:Glass,Jewellery,Painting,Sculpture,Art Gallery
- Open Days/times:Monday – Saturday 10am – 4pm, Sunday 1pm – 4pm (closed Good Friday and ANZAC Day)
- Represented Artists:Cindy Poole
- Open Days:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Public Holidays