Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases) Size & Year Wineries in East Porongurup
Wineries in East Porongurup
- [email protected]
- (08) 9853 1152
Small but mighty, this family-run vineyard and cafe incorporates a 'grass roots' approach and organic principles to make award-winning wines at the eastern end of the stunning Porongurup Range.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Rosé,Sparkling Shiraz,Syrah,Sparkling,Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Shiraz
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Mon to Sun 11am to 4pm; Cafe: Sat & Sun 11am to 4pm
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Facilities:Restaurant,Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Vineyards:8.9 hectares
- Winemaker:Robert Diletti
- Cellar Door Open:Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Great Southern:Porongurup
- Cases Produced:1500
Originally established in 1995 by the Monastic Community, Zarephath Wines is currently owned and operated by Rosie Singer and partner Ian Barrett-Lennard. Boasting fertile soils, an easterly aspect and cool summer breezes, the vineyard's low-yielding, award-winning wines are produced utilising organic principles to enhance the Great Southern region's varietal characteristics.
Zarephath varieties include Riesling, Chardonnay, Petit Chardonnay, Rose, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Sparkling Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Merlot. Wines can be purchased online, by the glass or bottle at the winery's cafe, or at the cosy cellar door (open daily from 11am - 4pm).
Situated alongside the estate's cellar door, the Zarephath Cafe utilises local produce (including delectable Porongurup sheep cheese) to produce cafe favourites to be enjoyed overlooking beautiful views to Mount Many Peaks and the estate's sweeping vineyard. Open for Friday to Sunday 11am - 4pm (bookings essential).