Shiraz Cabernet Wine Variety Wineries in Dunsborough/Yallingup
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Dunsborough Yallingup
Enjoy the serenity, highly awarded wine range and cool, modern Asian cuisine of this Margaret River pioneer’s Tuscan-inspired cellar door, just minutes from Dunsborough.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Malbec,Merlot,Muscat,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Shiraz Cabernet,Sparkling,Brut,Cabernet Merlot
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: 10am to 5pm, daily. Restaurant:Lunch 12pm onwards, Thursday to Monday. Dinner 6pm onwards, Friday & Saturday.
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Lunch Open:Monday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Dinner Open:Friday,Saturday
- Cellar Door Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday
- Facilities:Restaurant,Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Vineyards:51 hectares
- Winemaker:Mark Warren
- Cases Produced:6000 cases
- Margaret River:Yallingup
With a trophy cabinet of over 50 national and international awards, this Margaret River winemaking pioneer has come quite some way since its establishment in 1977. Semillon Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon blends and Shiraz are the focus, with winemaking and viticulture headed by Mark Warren, and select wines made by local legends Clive Otto and Bruce Dukes.
Complimentary tastings of the wine range are available daily 10am – 5pm. Wines are also available by the glass to enjoy on the verandah and make the most of the vineyard’s serenity. Palmer Wines Cellar Door is located nearby Dunsborough.
Open for lunch daily, the Palmer Wines Restaurant is known for its modern Asian cuisine, served in their eye-catching, Tuscan style restaurant. As critic of The West Australian, Rob Broadfield says, “if you like Apple Daily or, further afield, Chin Chin or Longrain, you’ll love Palmer.” Chef Ross Tyre selects WA grown produce to create his menu of share plate dining.
5 Red Stars