Vermentino Wine Variety Wineries in Donnybrook / Capel
Wineries in Donnybrook Capel
- [email protected]
- (08) 9731 7141
Gourmet Traveller’s Best Small Cellar Door, Geographe (2014 and 2016) making hand crafted boutique wines, craft beers, delicious grazing plates and pizzas at their cellar door west of Donnybrook
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Fortified,Dessert,Method Traditionale,Merlot,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Malbec,Sparkling,Vermentino,Tawny,Cabernet,Nero D'avola,Rosé
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door and Cafe: Saturday and Sunday 11am to 5pm and some public holidays. Please check our website.
- Facilities:Dogs Welcome,Functions,Wheelchair Access,Cellar Door,Light Food,Restaurant
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
- Vineyards:2 hectares
- Winemaker:Tony Davis
- Cases Produced:1500
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Lunch Open:Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Three generations of the Hammond family have toiled together to create the vineyards of Oakway Estate within the Geographe Wine Region. Owners Wayne and Ria planted their vines in 1997, and following success with winemaking, the former orchard farm now supports a boutique winery and cellar door, nano brewery, vineyard, a plantation of sustainable blue gum trees and beef cattle.
Oakway Estate takes a very hands-on and natural approach to vineyard management to carefully monitor vine vigour and growth, with passion undertaking labour-intensive tasks including fruit thinning and leaf plucking to grow superb quality grapes.
Varieties include Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Vermentino, Nero D'avola, Malbec, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Old School Liqueur, Methode Chamenoise Sparkling Blanc de Blanc and a delicously sweet Moscato.
Enjoy sampling our wines, or stay longer and purchase a glass or bottle of wine to savour whilst overlooking our changing vineyard vista throughout the seasons. If you prefer beer, try our own craft beers on tap. Open weekends and most public holidays from 11am - 5pm.
Oakway's cellar door cafe features gourmet bespoke pizzas and local produce grazing platters designed to complement the Estate wines. A selection of our own craft beers are available too.
A calendar of Long Table Lunches prepared by local guest chefs to showcase WA’s excellent local produce is scheduled throughout the year. Bookings essential.
4 and half Stars