Holidays Cellar Door Open Wineries in Donnybrook / Capel
Wineries in Donnybrook Capel
Capel Vale is a pioneer within Western Australia and amongst the first to be established with vines planted in 1974. Capel Vale Cellar Door & Match Restaurant open 7 days.
- Wine Variety:Verdelho,Sparkling,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Rosé,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Shiraz,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Chardonnay,Merlot,Brut,Malbec,Merlot Blend,Sauvignon Blanc
- Open Days/times:7 days 10am-4pm
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Holidays,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Facilities:Wheelchair Access,Cellar Door,Functions,Restaurant
- Lunch Open:Monday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Geographe:Busselton / Capel
- Vineyards:90 hectares
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
Capel Vale has been crafting intensely fruit driven, powerful yet elegant wines from the cool regions of Western Australia since 1974. A broad range of wines in the Debut, Regional Series, Cellar Exclusive, Black Label and Single Vineyard Wine tiers.
Capel Vale has established mature vineyards in Geographe, Margaret River and Mount Barker and produces wines that reflect the distinct climate and soils of each region.
Visitors are warmly welcome to the cellar door to taste and purchase the full range of Capel Vale Wines. Located in Capel, two hours from Perth, indulge in match plates by the fire or alfresco in the summer breeze at Capel Vale's charming cellar door, open every day from 10am - 4:30pm.
The Food - Match Restaurant
The philosophy behind the restaurant is to Match food and wine. The menu comprises of Match Plates where components match the characteristics in the recommended wine. Grazing plates & cheese plates are also available.
Open Thursday to Monday 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Bookings [email protected]
5 Red Stars
Set amid the rolling hills of Glen Mervyn in the scenic Preston Valley, majestic, centuries old Blackbutt trees flank the entrance to this husband and wife run winery and cellar door.
- Wine Variety:Durif,Cabernet Shiraz,Muscat,Dessert,Fortified,Riesling,Shiraz,Cabernet,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Zinfandel
- Open Days/times:7 days 11am to 5pm
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Facilities:Picnic Facilities,Dogs Welcome,Cellar Door
- Types & Styles:Estate Grown,Family Run,Single Vineyard
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Micro (1-999 cases)
- Cases Produced:600
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Vineyards:4.2 hectares
- Winemaker:Peter Stanlake, John Griffiths
Bernice and Tony O’Connell planted their first vines in 1997 on the site of an old blue gum plantation on a farm that had been in the same family since the 1890s.
All wine is made from the estate’s 4.2 hectare vineyard and includes Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Durif, Chardonnay, Riesling, Moscato and Muscat Liqueur. The family philosophy is hands-on in the vineyard and minimal intervention in the winemaking. which allows the fruit to express itself in the bottle. Mandalay Estate has won a number of awards over the years including a four-star rating by James Halliday in the 2014 wine companion and Best Cabernet Sauvignon in the 2017 Geographe wine show and a Trophy for their Zinfandel at the Boutique Winemakers Awards, Sydney in 2019. The cellar door is open 7 days a week 11 am to 5 pm. Best to phone on weekdays to ensure we are on the property. 08 97322006. Or check website landing page. www.mandalayroad.com.au
- [email protected]
- (08) 9731 7141
Gourmet Traveller’s Best Small Cellar Door, Geographe (2014 and 2016) making hand crafted boutique wines, craft beers, delicious grazing plates and pizzas at their cellar door west of Donnybrook
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Tawny,Cabernet,Nero D'avola,Rosé,Malbec,Sparkling,Vermentino,Fortified,Dessert,Method Traditionale
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door and Cafe: Saturday and Sunday 11am to 5pm and some public holidays. Please check our website.
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Cellar Door Open:Sunday,Holidays,Saturday
- Lunch Open:Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Vineyards:2 hectares
- Winemaker:Tony Davis
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases)
- Cases Produced:1500
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant,Light Food,Dogs Welcome,Functions,Wheelchair Access
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
Three generations of the Hammond family have toiled together to create the vineyards of Oakway Estate within the Geographe Wine Region. Owners Wayne and Ria planted their vines in 1997, and following success with winemaking, the former orchard farm now supports a boutique winery and cellar door, nano brewery, vineyard, a plantation of sustainable blue gum trees and beef cattle.
Oakway Estate takes a very hands-on and natural approach to vineyard management to carefully monitor vine vigour and growth, with passion undertaking labour-intensive tasks including fruit thinning and leaf plucking to grow superb quality grapes.
Varieties include Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Vermentino, Nero D'avola, Malbec, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Old School Liqueur, Methode Chamenoise Sparkling Blanc de Blanc and a delicously sweet Moscato.
Enjoy sampling our wines, or stay longer and purchase a glass or bottle of wine to savour whilst overlooking our changing vineyard vista throughout the seasons. If you prefer beer, try our own craft beers on tap. Open weekends and most public holidays from 11am - 5pm.
Oakway's cellar door cafe features gourmet bespoke pizzas and local produce grazing platters designed to complement the Estate wines. A selection of our own craft beers are available too.
A calendar of Long Table Lunches prepared by local guest chefs to showcase WA’s excellent local produce is scheduled throughout the year. Bookings essential.
4 and half Stars