Friday Lunch Open Wineries in Donnybrook / Capel
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Donnybrook Capel
Visit our amazing cellar door and enjoy our boutique premium wines from the oldest vines in the Geographe region, available for tasting and purchase, try some local produce from our cafe and local art
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Semillon,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Rose,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:Thurs- Sun 11am- 4.30pm
- Vineyards:6 acres
- Winemaker:Naturaliste Vintners
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases)
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Gallery,Dogs Welcome,Functions,Light Food,Wheelchair Access
- Cellar Door Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Brands:Cellar Series, Premium Series
- Wheelchair Access:Yes (ramps for entry, our carpark is gravel)
- Lunch Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Two distinct wine styles are produced: the Premium Series is a wooded style vintage with food matching in mind, and the Cellar Series, restrained with oak and a fresh, vibrant fruit driven style.
The cellar door is entirely solar powered and has a ‘skate park’ roof shape designed to catch the perfect amount of sun power and collect rain water. All materials used in the cellar door are environmentally friendly and upcycled.
Capel Vale is a pioneer within Western Australia and amongst the first to be established with vines planted in 1974. Capel Vale Cellar Door & Match Restaurant open 7 days.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Rose,Cabernet Merlot,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Shiraz,Verdelho,Sparkling,Sauvignon Blanc,Brut,Malbec,Merlot Blend
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:7 days 10am-4pm
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Thursday
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Restaurant,Cellar Door,Functions,Wheelchair Access
- Geographe:Busselton / Capel
- Vineyards:90 hectares
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
Capel Vale has been crafting intensely fruit driven, powerful yet elegant wines from the cool regions of Western Australia since 1974. A broad range of wines in the Debut, Regional Series, Cellar Exclusive, Black Label and Single Vineyard Wine tiers.
Capel Vale has established mature vineyards in Geographe, Margaret River and Mount Barker and produces wines that reflect the distinct climate and soils of each region.
Visitors are warmly welcome to the cellar door to taste and purchase the full range of Capel Vale Wines. Located in Capel, two hours from Perth, indulge in match plates by the fire or alfresco in the summer breeze at Capel Vale's charming cellar door, open every day from 10am - 4:30pm.
The Food - Match Restaurant
The philosophy behind the restaurant is to Match food and wine. The menu comprises of Match Plates where components match the characteristics in the recommended wine. Grazing plates & cheese plates are also available.
Open Thursday to Monday 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Bookings [email protected]
5 Red Stars